Because it was home time-me
Why?-she
Because it was time for everyone to have lunch-me
Why?-she
Because everyone has had a busy morning and they are hungry-me
Why-she
Because we need to eat to give our bodies energy to work properly-me
Why?-she
Otherwise we would be tired all the time and be ill and little children wouldn't grow big and strong-me
Why?-she
By this time we had actually got home so she was distracted and forgot I didn't answer her.
Could this actually be the longest list of whys ever!!!!!!
I've got a headache but luckily for me she ate her lunch and is now napping, hopefully the tablets will have kicked in by the time she wakes up! :laughing:

Annie_T
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
aww bless her, got love the why's part of the children growning up, my girl made me giggle when she got to that part of growing up. did do my head in tho i will admit coz it was a never ending circle haha

mandy moo
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I think the word why ought to be banned:laughing:

sarah707
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh I've got a little man who can easily do more than that! :laughing:

sarah32
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I have a 3 year old mindee doing that all and now her 2 year old brother has started copying so I have 2 of them all day saying WHY.

No wonder I suffer alot from headaches at the moment.:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
hopefully the tablets will have kicked in by the time she wakes up! :laughing:

Why !!! LOL x

elaineg
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
My lo age 4 always say "and then" after everything it can go on for hours.

love Elaine XXX

breezy
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
4 year old mindee doing that non stop lately, is it ok to say
"BECAUSE I SAID SO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cher25
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM

That's what i say to my 5 year old mindee. But only as a last resort after i answer him and he has shouted at me for a few minutes after not liking my answers.

miffy
02-12-2008, 08:29 PM

I have one that does that too but sometimes I think it's just because he likes the sound of the word!!!! And yes, sometimes I do say "Because I said so"!!!!!!

Miffy xx

Minstrel
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
unfortuately WHY was one of my youngests first words as he copied his older brother. He didnt even know what it meant but used to say it all the time! between the two of them it actually drove me insane to the point that sometimes i would just ignore them till they got bored!

helenlc
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
When my son went through this stage, I kept telling myself "He has to ask questions to learn" But it didnt always get me through!!

Then I was a nanny to twins and I went through this stage again but with one in each ear!! And they wouldnt be content with the answer I had given to one - the other one then had to ask EXACTLY the same thing again!!

Good luck!!!

sammy
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
my 2 year old says why alot, and he actually laughs at me in the end.

But I say to him because i said so.

Then the other day he was lifting the sun visor down in the car, and i said put that back up as the lights in my eyes, he then replied mummy put it down, andwhen i said why ..he said "because i said so" it did sound sooo funny coming from him!

I dont think theres anything wrong with that, as long as they dont want to know why "its because you said so" then i would think it could put a end to the whys, after obviously answering some!!

sue
03-12-2008, 07:46 PM
I think the word why ought to be banned:laughing:

WHY:laughing:

Annie_T
03-12-2008, 10:52 PM
My lo age 4 always say "and then" after everything it can go on for hours.

love Elaine XXX

thta reminds me of the film called 'dude wheres my car' .. have to watch it to understand me tho

Mollymop
04-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Aww bless! I have been lucky that my own kids never used to ask why alot, but I have some mindees that do - it really does you're head in!

marion123
04-12-2008, 10:20 AM
ive also got a 4 yrs mindee who keeps saying "why" it is so anoying

Cammie Doodle
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
A little boy we used to care for had been told by his Mum's friend that Why (y) was a curly letter in the alphabet , so did not use it to excess:thumbsup: . His younger sister has just started why why why all day long, maybe he will teach her about the curly letter:rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Ive got a 10 yr old that does this constantly, she will ask me a question and if i don.t know it will be "why", then she says 2because you don.t know !" little madam :rolleyes: