PDA

View Full Version : Signing in book

Flowerpot
02-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi all,

Just another quick question (I seem to have a lot of these!!) - is it mandatory to have a signing in book which the parent signs each day when they drop off the child?

Thanks
FP

marion123
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
i have one of these but i dont get the parents to sign it i just get visitors to sign it when they come in and when they leave :)

sarah707
02-12-2008, 10:14 AM
No it's not a statutory requirement... and certainly not to get parents to sign in if they're just dropping off.

It is good practice to log visitors in and out though :D

mummyof3
02-12-2008, 10:22 AM
My son goes to playgroup and I have to sign him in and put times and also when I pick him up also - apparently ofsted said to them it is now a requirement. Suppose it depends who you get and how picky they are, but I will be doing it just in case!! ;)

pinklady
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
My parents live very close by...would I need to get them to sign in?:huh:

Esther x

FizzysFriends
02-12-2008, 11:24 AM
My parents live very close by...would I need to get them to sign in?:huh:

Esther x

I sign my parents in when they come, my dad wasn't impressed about having to do it so I do it for them. I like to have them down even though they are visiting their grand-daughter..

patevans
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

Just another quick question (I seem to have a lot of these!!) - is it mandatory to have a signing in book which the parent signs each day when they drop off the child?

Thanks
FP

My parents initial every evening when they collect then sign at the end of each week!

sarah500
02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I just do it for people who come into my house during minding hours ( not including the parents as they are meant to be there!)
so meter man and my parents and freinds if they drop by

Twinkles
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm wondering if Flowerpot meant the register and not the visitors book ?

Register is signed weekly by parents and I don't have a visitors book but understand it's good practise.

Flowerpot
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm wondering if Flowerpot meant the register and not the visitors book ?

Oh yes - I think you're right!