PDA

View Full Version : can anyone please help me?

leonifay
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
hi, i've just started childminding and i have my first mindee. he's 3 yers old and for various reasons has just finnished with a nusery and is coming to me full time. i live in rowley regis, just outside of dudly i was wondering if anyone knew of any really good toddler groups or soft play centres we could go to, hes getting bored with just me for company. we tried a toddler group today but it was really unfriendly and rubbish!!
also if anyone has any activity ides we could use i would be very gratefull.
thankyou so much

Angela234
01-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Sorry can't help with whats on in your area have you tried netmums

I would try and get out every day evan a walk or take a ball to the park it will break the day for both of you

Tray of sand i use indoors or out from garden centre play with diggers lorries
or dinosaurs, scoops jugs, any containers.

Mixing coloured water; jugs of different coloured water and clear pots let him make new colours my mindees love doing this.

Dried pasta and lorries diggers or spoons scoops bowls

These are a few of our favourites

Angela

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I would def look at netmums

I have emails from the one in your area and there are lots of great ideas there

But I agrree with Angela shes given you some great ideas there to be getting on with

Have fun

Angel xx

don the duck
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
hi, i've just started childminding and i have my first mindee. he's 3 yers old and for various reasons has just finnished with a nusery and is coming to me full time. i live in rowley regis, just outside of dudly i was wondering if anyone knew of any really good toddler groups or soft play centres we could go to, hes getting bored with just me for company. we tried a toddler group today but it was really unfriendly and rubbish!!
also if anyone has any activity ides we could use i would be very gratefull.
thankyou so much

Hi.
Im not to far from u. Have u tried cheeky chimps its in dudley. scallywags brierly hill. Space hoppas wednesbury - (i go there a lot) my son is 3. happy to meet up if u want to.

chels55
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
My family information service has details of all toddler groups in the area. what i did was try quite a few to see which ones we liked and felt more comfortable in, then stuck to them

leonifay
03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
thankyou for all the ideas, we do a lot of activities at home but he misses his nusery friends :(
we went to cheeky chimps yesterday and really he really enjoyed it. so will be doing that again. ducklin meeting up would be nice. did you have anywhere/anyplace in mind?