PDA

View Full Version : Enviromental Health Inspection!! Help

Lou Roberts C
01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi I am new to the site, and am having a breakdown, I registered as a food business a couple of weeks ago and today had a call from an enviromental health officer saying he is coming on Thursday morning. Has anyone else been inspected and what does it entail!!!

Pauline
01-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Lou don't panic!

A few members have had Environmental Health to visit so I'm sure they will be along to help soon.

I will also move your question to Minding Chat, as this section is for problems with the forum. You will get more replies in minding chat.

miss mopple
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't worry its a very straightforward process.

They will ask about your food hygeine methods, safe storage of food etc and will look around the kitchen and take fridge/freezer temps. They will then make any recommendations and thats it.

The lady that came to see me was lovely and very helpful.

Lou Roberts C
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks, am off to clean my oven!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miss mopple
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
She didnt even look in my oven.

Angela234
01-12-2008, 10:33 PM
He never looked in my oven either.

Looked in fridge how i stored foods also food cupboards.

No foods left out on sides.

Daily checks (if you don't do them they will ask you to ) on fridge/freezer temps out of date foods thrown out.

sides wiped down with anti bac and paper towel as general pratice especially before preparing food.

I was told to get a apron to wear when preparing/cooking foods.

Asked how i check foods are hot enough recommended i got a probe

How i cool foods quickly and either put into fridge or freeze.

They were very nice and helpful so don't worry i had 10min notice they were comimg rang and said was in the area.

Hope this helps

Angela

Ripeberry
19-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Just revived this thread, had my inspection today and she did not even look in my kitchen :eek: I'd spent all morning cleaning it as well, at least it had a good spring clean :p
Just asked a few questions and had a look at my food probe and that was it for another 3 years :clapping:

Mookins
19-04-2010, 03:49 PM
apparently for my area I dont even have to register about being a food establishment...am going to anyway just to keep me covered

x x

haribo
19-04-2010, 04:03 PM
had mine on friday and was very informal she just had look in fridge , checked i take daily temp readings and that was it spent an hour talking about her dogs then :laughing: oh she was really impressed i had sfbb for childminders as they are giving them out on visits . i hadnt filled mine in yet but we went through it and its straightforward :thumbsup: she also was happy that id done food hygiene course .

Mookins
19-04-2010, 04:13 PM
apparently for my area I dont even have to register about being a food establishment...am going to anyway just to keep me covered

x x

sorry I talk out of my rear i do have to register its the council i dont have to get planning permission with:blush: