PDA

View Full Version : Wot do u get a 9yr old boy??

Wendy Woo
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey guys sorry ive n ot been around for ages i have had sooo much on and have been really rough with cold and flu!!!!

George keeps checkin wen im on the computer to see wot im doin and normally asks if its the ladies!! So he has obviously missed ur updates too!!!! Its been hell to tell u the truth but hey ho.

Hope u have all had a great 1st of dec. I have spent most of the day gettin bits to start displays and things 2morro x

Haqve u got ur thinkin caps on peeps as i need some ideas for one of my mindees for xmas he is 9!!!! Dont want to spend loadfs as i have 8 in total and cant afford lots on each but a little gift is wot i like to buy so any ideas???
Help pls x x x x x x x x

sue m
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
My mindees have a brother who is 8 who I sometimes see and I've bought him a book for christmas from Amazon. Its only a thin one, a paperback and it's called The Diary of a Killer Cat by Anne Fine. I can't remember how much it was but less than a fiver and I've looked through it and I think it will amuse him as it's quite funny. I'm a big believer in books when I don't know what they have! lol

Sorry you've been so ill!!!

CCJD
01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Same here- the Red House Book people is where I place an order each year and there I can cover every age child I have . Some of the younger book sets are fantastic and they actually have great books not just cheap unheard of authors.I have 5 children to buy for - the 9 yr old boy I am getting for is going to get an "experiments you can do at home book", princess poppy Xmas craft book for the 6 yr old girl, set of "little princess" off the telly for the 3 yr old girl and two touch and feel / open the flap Spot Xmas books for the 1yr olds.

Twinkles
01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Have a look at 'The book people' site too. Or how about top trumps. Some cheap personalised stuff here too. http://www.24studio.co.uk/ss/index.jsp

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear you have been poorly - nice to see you back

I would also go for a book you can not go wrong

Asda have some great ones for kids and at great prices too

I had to get the 9 year old boy something to do with " high school musical " they had some great activity books in there for £3

Angel xxx

Hebs
01-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Joke books¡

My son is almost 9 and he loves lego x

LisaH
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Have to say I always buy mindees books too!! The Book People are brilliant, they cover all ages and are really good value.:)

berkschick
01-12-2008, 09:03 PM
How about a calender for 2009?

Does he support a football team? Maybe a calender of them?

Or in sports world they sell loads of bits behind the till to do with teams for around the £5 mark.

PixiePetal
01-12-2008, 10:44 PM
M&S have some 'dangerous boys' toys - wide range. Juggling balls, periscope kit, cards, marbles, paper folding(water bombs and planes) £3.50 - £5.00 and in the 3 for 2 .

Wendy Woo
02-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanx everyone that has given me a few ideas x x x x:thumbsup: