PDA

View Full Version : im so gutted

sarah500
01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi guys
I had a lady come round with her son last week to see me and the house and we got on really well, she was meant to come round again this mornig so we can do some paper work and when i got back from the school run she had left a message on my ansaphone.
she said that she has an unexpected offer of help from a family member so wont be needing me anymore........i feel totally deflated and have taken it personally ( she was my first perspective mum)
It makes me wonder if she is tellign the truth or if it was something i said wrong when she first came round
I feel really low at the moment
sarah

Monkey1
01-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't take it personally hun, you get used to it. Something better will come along x

devoncm
01-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Dont take it personally, last week i had someone come for visit and thouht it went great but got a call today to say she is going to another minder as she lives closer to that one, hopefully ill have better luck tomororw when another lady comes for a visit.

sarah707
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Never feel it's your fault and try not to feel like they're lying to you / question what they say etc.

Parents change their minds for 1000 reasons... just be grateful you got a phone call and move on.

Wishing you success with the next family xx

Bushpig
01-12-2008, 11:36 AM
You just keep on doing what you are doing - who knows, the family member may not work out and she might be back, but try not to dwell on the ifs and buts... in the meanwhile, forge ahead with looking for other mindees. I hope you get your first mindee soon!!! x

Andrea08
01-12-2008, 11:40 AM
im a firm believer in fate and its telling me a better job/mindee is round the corner ,
keep up the good work hun xx

Debster
01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Everthing happens for a reason. Do not take it to heart something will come along.
Debs x

Chatterbox Childcare
01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Feel lucky that she bothered to come back and tell you - most don't

marian
01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Feel lucky that she bothered to come back and tell you - most don't

I agree with DebbieS26
Im sure something will come along soon
Marian x

angeldelight
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi guys
I had a lady come round with her son last week to see me and the house and we got on really well, she was meant to come round again this mornig so we can do some paper work and when i got back from the school run she had left a message on my ansaphone.
she said that she has an unexpected offer of help from a family member so wont be needing me anymore........i feel totally deflated and have taken it personally ( she was my first perspective mum)
It makes me wonder if she is tellign the truth or if it was something i said wrong when she first came round
I feel really low at the moment
sarah

Oh hugs to you Sarah

Dont take it personally although I think we all do that at some stage

Parents let me down all the time and it does make you wonder why ?

At least this parent called to let you know - I have had parents just not turn up

Keep your chin up now something will come up soon im sure

Good luck

Angel xx

Ebs71
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
At least she tun and phoned you to let you know....... mine just didn't turn up on Saturday:angry: