PDA

View Full Version : mm and ncma?

Peppa
30-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure which one to go for? Just wondered if out of the two which one was easier to fillout, understand, better quality? Value for money.

don the duck
30-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Iv chosen NCMA - as u get membership free.. I think MM is cheaper . This is my first one. So thought id Try the membership one. think u get a free mag and legal advice.
Correct me please if wrong

Peppa
30-11-2008, 09:33 PM
free membership?

Peppa
30-11-2008, 09:35 PM
sorry you mean in start up grant.:blush:

don the duck
30-11-2008, 09:35 PM
free membership?

Being an NCMA member

The needs of the children come first, but you may also be managing your own business, undertaking training and staying on top of changes in childcare. With so much to think about, NCMA strives to make your life as stress-free as possible, by offering members a range of essential services, including:

Help and support
As an NCMA member, you can call our free information line which offers you help with any childcare issues you may have.

Essential information and practical advice
Each year we’ll update childminders in the Members’ Handbook on the important issues for their business, from tax to new government initiatives, from what other childminders are charging around the country to how to negotiate a contract. And nannies receive two handbooks when they join packed with useful information about contracts, working conditions, training and development opportunities.
Who Minds? magazine
Our lively and informative quarterly magazine keeps you up to date with news, childcare issues and products. Plus there are competitions and giveaways to send off for and a letters page for you to share your views with other members.

Free legal representation
We hope our members never need to use our free legal representation service but, at a time of crisis, it is invaluable. Should you have a legal issue relating to your business, you can contact NCMA’s legal team who will give you expert advice and may be able to act on your behalf, free of charge.

Money off and exclusive products
Only NCMA members benefit from up to 50 per cent off NCMA products and exclusive items featuring the NCMA logo. Plus you’ll get special deals with NCMA’s partner companies, whose products are designed to make your life easier.
NCMA membership gives you the backing you need to work with confidence and professionalism as a childcare provider in the most widely used form of daycare.

carolinel
30-11-2008, 09:57 PM
i was with ncma for 2 years realised it was costing me a fortune and gaining no benefit so have now switched to MM. costs £25 less than ncma!

sarah707
01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
I have been with MM for 15 years and found them to be very supportive and helpful when I've needed them. They also insure my car as well.

Ncma are a regd charity who lobby the Govt for childminders rights. They are more expensive.

You get a magazine and there is a start up pack available with both.

Mrs.L.C
01-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I was with NCMA for 4 years and have now decided to go with MM this year to save money. NCMA were good when I first started minding with the who minds mags, info book incl tax info and discounts on paper work such as contracts, accident books etc. I now do all my own paper work so no longer require this (although I you can get the paper work from MM as well) and as iv been minding for a few years now, I already have all the info I need or know where else to find it, therefore there was no point spending the extra on their insurance.

Iv also gone through them to sort out car insurance and contents insurance as other companies were not fully insuring me (contents would not insure me if I had more than 6 children of any age in the house) and have found both a good if not better price.

Iv never of yet had to use their services so I cant comment on that, but I may have to now. Il let you know how I get on with MM if this happens.

Peppa
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you :)