PDA

View Full Version : help had 2 phone calls

gailee
23-01-2008, 11:38 AM
hi i need some help i've had 2 phone calls in the last 30 mins 1 for 10 month baby part time i think coming round l8r and another for 5 yrs old come after school but i don't about hols yet shes phoning back in 30 mins question is am i over mynumbers i have twins after school f/t school and 3 yr but he finishes next month with me then have another starting feb after school too and sometime school hols is mum student nurse so she has 3 weeks off every so oftenso her son won't be here all the time ?? then if i have the 10 month baby is that me maxed out ??? help please :clapping: hope this is readable gail

fionamal
23-01-2008, 12:44 PM
It will depend on how many kids you are allowed.

Better to sit and write down who you have on what days and it makes better sence that way when you can see it in front of you.

From reading though I think you should be all right.

Twinkles
23-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear you're so busy! My certificate says I can have 6 under 8 no more than 3 under 5, if yours is the same you should be ok.
But I agree with Fionamal write down who you will have on what days.

gailee
23-01-2008, 12:51 PM
thanks i'm allowed 5 no more than 3 under 5 but i was told that i could have 6 when i had my inspection in dec my youngest was under 8 but now she's 8! i've sent a email to ofsted to see if i can change it to the 6 children just waiting now for reply from them gail

sarah707
23-01-2008, 01:27 PM
thanks i'm allowed 5 no more than 3 under 5 but i was told that i could have 6 when i had my inspection in dec my youngest was under 8 but now she's 8! i've sent a email to ofsted to see if i can change it to the 6 children just waiting now for reply from them gail

Yes that's the right thing to do... they should change that fairly quickly... well, you never know :p

The other thing is to get an idea of exactly how much you will be needed with this part-timer. It will be very hard all round if you mind for a while, then stop, then start again - the child will be confused and you will have a hard time with EYFS and all the planning / obs etc that is going to be expected...

Good luck and fingers crossed :D

Banana
23-01-2008, 02:10 PM
just wanted to say good luck with the enquries!

let us know how you do!

xx

littlestar
23-01-2008, 04:13 PM
well done it al sounds very promising let us no how you get on

gailee
23-01-2008, 07:15 PM
well the light at the end of the tunnel i've reached it!!! out of the blue today 2 phone calls in 30 mins!! well 1 parent came round with her little boy 10 months so cutee :clapping: :jump for joy: he starts monday 3 full days a week and i've had the other come this evening with their son and he is coming for 10 hrs a week till April as she is expecting a baby in April and returning to work in september so she might bring baby here so i'm a happy bunny today :jump for joy: so thanks for your postive thoughts over the last weeks

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Well done! That is brilliant news for you. You have done so well.:)

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 10:31 PM
well done thats brillant news:clapping:

Banana
28-01-2008, 08:10 PM
What a great result for you!

Congratulations

x

gailee
28-01-2008, 08:39 PM
just a update had my hands full today !!! the 10 month came at 10 am he cried for 1/2 hour then we had to go and pick up another mindee from pre-school he was fine then came home he cried soon as we walked into the house i managed to get some lunch down him and me he cried when the other child went out the room! We had to walk to school this afternoon and pick up another 3 mindees and my girls (7) all together :eek: the 10 month went home at 3.45 twin fell asleep on the settee! then another went home 5pm twins went home 5.30 that just left 1 he was late leaving (can't charge extra he's family) so i'm knackered now :jump for joy:

gailee
14-02-2008, 07:58 AM
well another update i've had another phone call yesterday for 2 children!! (6 months and 3 year to start next month end of March lucky enough i have 1 leaving mum on maternity and the 10 month that i look after now just turns 1 on the 29th March the new ones start 31st how lucky is that!!! so i'm hopefully maxed out for the first time in 4 years !! so i will have 3 under 3 and i've got 4 at the moment after school i think one might be leaving ??? in March thats not def his mum is also on maternity in April and another starts next week after school BUT i'm not holding my breath ?? she's messing about already and he's not started yet?? (he was suppose to start this week his mum came round saying her childcare hasn't been sorted yet so he's not coming so i said they have to pay half fee for this week and that didn't go down well) i've had no more news yet from her so i don't know if i'm picking him up next week??? always last to know will have to let ofsted know if i have a over lap of children ?it's only about 30 mins thanks
gail

Rubybubbles
14-02-2008, 09:19 AM
well another update i've had another phone call yesterday for 2 children!! (6 months and 3 year to start next month end of March lucky enough i have 1 leaving mum on maternity and the 10 month that i look after now just turns 1 on the 29th March the new ones start 31st how lucky is that!!! so i'm hopefully maxed out for the first time in 4 years !! so i will have 3 under 3 and i've got 4 at the moment after school i think one might be leaving ??? in March thats not def his mum is also on maternity in April and another starts next week after school BUT i'm not holding my breath ?? she's messing about already and he's not started yet?? (he was suppose to start this week his mum came round saying her childcare hasn't been sorted yet so he's not coming so i said they have to pay half fee for this week and that didn't go down well) i've had no more news yet from her so i don't know if i'm picking him up next week??? always last to know will have to let ofsted know if i have a over lap of children ?it's only about 30 mins thanks gail

YES I overlapped not realizing as my hubby had my dd and someone reported me:mad: (I was reg in scotland, old ss way, so reg for 6,very confusing!!)

It's awful having to tell parents, but TBH they laugh and say how sad it is my own hubby can;t look after his own child:rolleyes: