PDA

View Full Version : Safety bits and bobs

Buzz Lightyear
29-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm about to start my DHC1, but want to get my safety items in check ahead of my pre-inspection from EY and then Ofsted but not sure where to start or what to get.

I know I'll need socket covers but what else?

Does anyone have a list of what they have that they could share with me to get me started please?

cher25
29-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi, Safety items i have are socket covers, stair gates, corner cushion for the coffee table. They are the basic's anyway.
If there is other things id love to find out aswell. Although im also considering putting bubble wrap over the high chair legs and table and chair legs and getting soft play things to put all over my laminate flooring, to avoid anymore bumps to little heads.
Think that may be going too far though.lol

Annie_T
30-11-2008, 11:52 AM
* socket covers (tho there is thread here bout not using them)
* cupboard/draw locks also ones for doors you dont want mindees getting into
* corner cusions for tables
* door stoppers or cusions (stop fingers getting trapped in doors)
* stair gates (stairs,door ways-where ever you want/need them)
* wires all out the way
* glass covered with protection film (only low glass or glass mindees may able to break with a throw of a toy - not our normal windows)
* fire guard
* fire alarm/s
* check for poisonous plants in the garden the kids will use
* locks for gates
* fire evacuation procdure
* first aid kit

hope this helps hun x

Heaven Scent
30-11-2008, 02:35 PM
If there is other things id love to find out aswell. Although im also considering putting bubble wrap over the high chair legs and table and chair legs and getting soft play things to put all over my laminate flooring, to avoid anymore bumps to little heads.
Think that may be going too far though.lol
Yesterday 09:58 PM

Have you thought about buying large rolls of cotton wool and wrapping each child up in them as they arrive - thats what I do and it works a treat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: