PDA

View Full Version : more questions about assistants!

loocyloo
29-11-2008, 06:17 PM
hello everyone!

i am now in the process of getting my prospective assistant 'registered' or whatever ... she has filled in and i sent off the EY2 form. ofsted have already rung her to ask something ... so fingers crossed it shouldn't take too long!

my next lot of questions are ;
1)does she or i get a letter to say she is ok to be an assistant?
2)do i need to tell ofsted when she will be working?
3)will ofsted then tell me what extra children i am allowed?
4)do i need to ask ofsted for a variation for the (extra) children and state how many & when?
5)i have public liability insurance, do i need anything extra, esp if assistant is self employed and i 'contract' her?
6)does she need pead first aid?
7)why do ofsted not have a list of do's and don'ts for childminders & assistants? !!!!

THANK YOU everyone!

loocyloo
xxx

Pauline
29-11-2008, 06:27 PM
hello everyone!

i am now in the process of getting my prospective assistant 'registered' or whatever ... she has filled in and i sent off the EY2 form. ofsted have already rung her to ask something ... so fingers crossed it shouldn't take too long!

my next lot of questions are ;
1)does she or i get a letter to say she is ok to be an assistant?
2)do i need to tell ofsted when she will be working?
3)will ofsted then tell me what extra children i am allowed?
4)do i need to ask ofsted for a variation for the (extra) children and state how many & when?
5)i have public liability insurance, do i need anything extra, esp if assistant is self employed and i 'contract' her?
6)does she need pead first aid?
7)why do ofsted not have a list of do's and don'ts for childminders & assistants? !!!!

THANK YOU everyone!

loocyloo
xxx

1. Not when my hubby registered but that was under the old system. But he did get letters about CRB and forms to fill in. I then got a letter saying all was ok and he could work as assistant.

2. No

3. Not unless to ask them if you can have more

4. phone or email them and say you would like more children when working with an assistant and they will tell you what to do.

5. I just phoned my insurance and told them I had a registered assistant and asked if I needed to do anything - I didn't but at least they knew.

6. Yes

7. That would be too easy :laughing:

patevans
29-11-2008, 06:30 PM
1. Not when my hubby registered but that was under the old system. But he did get letters about CRB and forms to fill in. I then got a letter saying all was ok and he could work as assistant.

2. No

3. Not unless to ask them if you can have more

4. phone or email them and say you would like more children when working with an assistant and they will tell you what to do.

5. I just phoned my insurance and told them I had a registered assistant and asked if I needed to do anything - I didn't but at least they knew.

6. Yes

7. That would be too easy :laughing:

My Mum will be working with me in Jnauary and I wanted to know how I go about paying her?