PDA

View Full Version : standind on toys

emmadines
29-11-2008, 05:42 PM
one of my mindees in particular have started to stand on some toys, he stood on a dolls head (my daughters personal toy.) stood on a my lil pony castle steps lucky I caught him before he broke it.:mad:

He's almost 5 years old and I have no idea why he has started to do this! its only been this last week. his older brother put a logo model under the rocking horse whilst this mindee was rocking on it.

Ive asked him not to do it I ve told him not to do it, I offer them an activity in the afternoons, I don't in the morning as they are only her for 2 hours at most and with the other children having breakfast, doing their teeth etc there's no time for anything other then free play. A friend thinks I do too many activities in a week and should offer more free play in the afternoons. I try to do a min of having activities on 3 days a week and free play on 2 days a week or a dvd on Friday's.

I was in a bad mood anyway Friday so I asked them what was their fave toy and asked them to bring in their toys and we will all jump on those!

whats can I do? Ive asked mum to have a chat with them about being respectful to other ppls things and homes!!:(

sarah707
30-11-2008, 09:49 AM
He's a bit old to start doing that tbh... most children are about 2 or 3 and it's a phase of wobbling around and tripping over things.

A 5 year old should know better and needs lessons in respecting other people's things like you say.

Check there's nothing going on at home or school that could be making him upset as well - it could be a cry for help.

Hope it sorts soon xx