PDA

View Full Version : Stair gates

caz
29-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi I was wondering if it's ok to have a stair gate at the top as well as the bottom of the stairs. Until now I havn't needed to bother, but i now have 3 toddlers and as my bathroom is so small I can't fit all 3 and myself in there for nappy changing. I was thinking that I could leave the bathroom door open and the ones not being changed can sit on the landing with some books, hence the need for a gate at the top of the stairs. I was told that it's not safe to do this though as they could climb over the top and fall over. What would you do? I can't really change nappies in the living room though and can't leave the toddlers on their own to change one nappy.
Any advice would be apprietiated.

Thanks
Caz:)

chantelbutterwo
29-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I have a stair gate at the top and bottom. OFSTED have never mentioned I can't have one there. I think it's fine, as long as you supervise them then it shouldn't be a problem

christine e
30-11-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a stair gate at the top and bottom. OFSTED have never mentioned I can't have one there. I think it's fine, as long as you supervise them then it shouldn't be a problem

I agree

Cx

marian
30-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I think it shows that you have risk assessed and that is the outcome needed:)
Go for it
Marian x