PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Pack/Contract

dougz50
23-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi I am new to Child Minding and I am just trying to put together my welcome pack and contract for parents.

Does anyone have any links to sample packs or could someone send me theirs to see what I should be doing please?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thank you! :) :)

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 10:42 AM
If you take a look around this area of the forum you really will find most of the information already here

You can also look here which is really helpful

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Dont forget to also come and say hello in the "hello" section of the forum and introduce yourself
It is always nice if we know who we are talking to

Angel xx

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a folder with everything in it
Introduction
My certificates
Police checks
Policies and procedures
Permission slips etc

This large folder the parents look at when they first come to see me for their first visit
I chat and play with their child whilst they look at this

I then do a small welcome pack that is more brief that I give to the parents to take home with them
It is a much smaller version of my large folder
It explains my services and what I do etc

It has a small section about areas of my childminding service

For example

Contracts

Contract And Forms
I require a Contract to be discussed, agreed, filled out and signed by you prior to the start of enrolment. I recommend the contract is reviewed every 6 months. This will give us the opportunity to update the contract on issues that may arise from your child/ren's development and check that the agreement is working. This date is not the date on which the contract ends. The contract remains in force until a new contract is agreed and signed or until notice of termination is satisfactorily completed.

That is just one section / pointer

Do you get the idea ??

Also.........

Late fees
Collection
The hours that I work - my fees

Etc etc

Hope that helps ?

Angel xx

littlestar
23-01-2008, 02:31 PM
thanks angel this has helped me also thank you your an :littleangel:

Trouble
23-01-2008, 04:47 PM
also holidays, daily diaries, something about you and your family, late payments

buildingblocks
23-01-2008, 04:53 PM
The trouble is everyones parents packs are different I guess.

I give a trifold leaflet for an initial enquiry

An A5 brochure (roughly 16 pages) on a first visit to take away and remind them of the setting.

They only get the parents welcome pack on signing contracts as if they don't come back they never return it and it costs in printing etc. Mine contains a few poster type things with child care related poems on, leaflets I have picked up along the way. Copy of my Ofsted report. A typical day sheet. SAmple menus. My handbook and policy book. Can't think of anything else off hte top of my head.

katickles
23-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi

My parents pack is a copy of all my policies, some forms ie medical administration, car travel etc. I have a form to get all the childrens details, likes & dislikes, sleep routines etc etc.

It is my way of selling myself, so the more info i could cram in without overdoing it i thought would be best as its theres to refer to should they need to:panic:

x