PDA

View Full Version : you wont believe this !!!!!!!!!!!!

breezy
28-11-2008, 07:59 PM
i was due to pick mindee up from school at 11.30, he's 4 and is doing mornings in reception class, but coming home at lunch.
I got to the school, went in and the lady (Who I know) on reception said " Oh are you sure he's not on the trip",
"not that I know of " I said, " mum hasn't told me not to collect him".
" let me check" she says " only as far as I know all the reception class children are on a trip to the London Aquarium"

So, off she trots and after asking 3 teachers it seems mindee is indeed on trip!
I'm fuming, how could mum not tell me, it's a 4 mile round trip to get a child not there etc etc, steam coming from ears!!!!!!
I get in car take a deep breath and phone mum " You could have told me R was on trip etc etc" I say
" he's not on a trip" she says, " I've had no letter, paid no money and certainly HAVEN'T SIGNED A PERMISSION SLIP"
I ran back into the school to explain what she said and incase he was there somewhere,while at the same time she phones them.

To cut a long story short, they'd taken mindee on trip without permission:eek:
His mum is furious :angry:
but on the up side he had a great time:)

really not sure if mum will take it any further though

LittleMissSparkles
28-11-2008, 08:02 PM
OMG ...... heads will roll xxx

donnahay0
28-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Blimey, I bet they are in a panick over that one. Just imagine the problems it would cause if it was a childminder that made a mistake like that.

Glad little one had a good time though.

Spangles
28-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow, what a mistake for them to make! I'd be fuming if it was me and certainly wouldn't let that drop without a major apology and an investigation into how it happened in the first place.

Monkey1
28-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Blimey, I bet they are in a panick over that one. Just imagine the problems it would cause if it was a childminder that made a mistake like that.

Glad little one had a good time though.

God we would be struck off!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Peppa
28-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Blimey thats shocking! :eek:

breezy
28-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Trouble is mindees mum is really nice and not the sort to kick up a stink, she said all that matters is that he's safe and happy! However she did also say she wants them to explain how it happened and make sure it never happens to anyone again.

beerheaven
28-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Gosh, she sounds calm about it! I would be flaming furious!
She definitely deserves at least an explanation of why this has happened and an assurance it won't happen again!!
And what about you turning up to collect the child?!

Mollymop
28-11-2008, 11:03 PM
GOD!!! I would be so mad with the school!!! My dd is in reception year and if they took her on a trip with out my knowledge or permission there would be helll to pay! Poor parent!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gherkin
28-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I was about to cuss about parents not telling you about school trips as this has happened to me but then I got to the end of the post and almost fell off my chair. Cannot believe the school have been so stupid as to take someone on the trip when there has been no signed permission form. Can you imagine if there had been an accident!

juliesfabfour
28-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Tut tut tut !!! :eek:

Julie

emler
29-11-2008, 06:14 AM
That's really bad - I would be furious if that happened to me

Blaze
29-11-2008, 07:25 AM
:eek: :eek: ...Why is it that nursaries & schools get away with these things & childminders would get into a world of trouble?:rolleyes:

marian
29-11-2008, 08:17 AM
:eek: :eek: ...Why is it that nursaries & schools get away with these things & childminders would get into a world of trouble?:rolleyes:

Yes it would be all over the papers probably:panic:
Marian x

Alibali
29-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Just to be controversial, is there any chance that Mum has signed a form at the start of the year that covers 'all general outings' and forgotten about it?
I know this is what they do at our school. That said, however, we always get a reminder note.

devoncm
29-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Just to be controversial, is there any chance that Mum has signed a form at the start of the year that covers 'all general outings' and forgotten about it?
I know this is what they do at our school. That said, however, we always get a reminder note.

Thats what happens at our school too.

Cant believe they took child without permission tho!

yummymummy
29-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Goodness normally this sort of thing never normally happens as the schools are so keen on getting the parents to cough up payment for the trips!:eek:
Really silly mistake but then schools seem to get away with murder compared to us and nobody seems to question it.

Annie_T
29-11-2008, 02:53 PM
oh no thats bad. least he had fun... just good job nothing happened to him coz they would be in trouble. mum should take it further tbh ... she had no letter, not paid or signed fro him to go so they were in the worng. No child shold leave the school without permission from parents

emmadines
29-11-2008, 04:49 PM

I have signed one of those but it only covers close by outing like to another school or a nature walk but anything further afield eg like the aquarium....... you would need to sign another form!

Id be spitting razors!!