PDA

View Full Version : I cant take anymore!

Minnie mouse
28-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I am sooooo stressed and uptight about my inspection and my son and my husband are having to suffer because of it. I worked so hard the last few weeks getting my sef done and policies et etc etc and now its almost done and i was really hoping ofsted would come out next week so i can get my christmas decorations up and start looking forward to it. But now i cant i dont want to put tree up as cant be bothered to get a grilling over health and safety when ofsted do decide to come out. Im so worried about the inspection and now i dont even know if itl be before christmas so im gonna have a pants xmas worrying about my inspection, im so worried i feel ready to have a breakdown :veryangry: :crying: :crying: :ohdear: :angry:

miffy
28-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Oh blimey - sorry you feel sooooo stressed.

You sound really organised though.....policies done, sef completed. If you are worried about your Christmas tree do a risk assessment so Ofsted can see you've thought about it and all is in order - the inspector won't waste her time asking questions if you've already covered it in writing.

Now it is Friday night and the weekend starts here - go relax and forget Ofsted!!!!

Miffy xx

Minnie mouse
28-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Thankyou, my hubby is getting really annoyed because i have such a short temper at the moment and everything is stressing me out, its really causing fricition and i hope they hurry up and put us out our misery :mad:

manjay
28-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Have you had a call to say they are coming?

sarah707
28-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Trouble is hun if they are running behind in your area it could be well into next year before they visit.

Mine was nearly 4 years between teh last lot of inspections.

You really have to relax and remember you have a family as well.

Get your decs up, do a quick risk assessment on them and enjoy them.

You've done as much as you need to do... now turn round and think about the people behind you xxxx

berkschick
28-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I know of 4 minders who are now overdue their inspections by 5 months so try not to worry too much, they may well not come until the new year! I would go ahead with decs and trees, if they call mid December you can always say you are too busy/ have no kids till Jan/ are on holiday etc and put them off!

Pauline
28-11-2008, 06:25 PM
It's highly unlikely they will come on time DM :)

I have a friend in your area and they are 1 year over due and her hubby, also registered, is still waiting for his 1st inspection and that is well overdue.

Put your tree up, do a risk assess, as already said, and chill out and enjoy :thumbsup:

nell57
28-11-2008, 06:32 PM
They seem to be running about 3-4 months behind in my area. Mine was due end Sept.:panic:

Minnie mouse
28-11-2008, 06:41 PM
thanks guys. i just thought as ive had a baby and not been inspected they might want to make a priority visit lol. But hey i guess il just have to sit back and wait for the call now and try to relax ;)

Spangles
28-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Definitely try to chill out about it, try to concentrate on Christmas and New Year and push all thoughts of your inspection away.

It's really not worth making yourself ill over.

A risk assessment of any decorations won't take long as you will think of things as you go along putting them up and then it's all covered and the inspector (if they do come) will be dead impressed!

Sounds to me like you're going to fly through your inspection.

marian
28-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I think Ofsted are running behind in most areas
In my area 3 childminders were due in July/August but they haven't heard a dickie-bird
Chill and enjoy Christmas and the run up to it!
Marian x

donnahay0
28-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Listen girl they are certainly not worth getting that worked up about. You sound as though you have everything in place

Get your decs out, put your tree up, have a nice weekend (I suggest a huge bar of chocolate and bottle of wine) - like everyone says do a quickie risk assessment for your tree (blimey I haven't even thought about that yet - this is getting a bit daft if you ask me).

My inspection was due back in April this year and not a peep out of them. However, they have still got loads of newly registered minders still to do so it looks like they are way behind schedule. Chances are, Inspectors are wanting to slow down leading up to christmas so I really wouldn't expect a call. If it comes then you will deal with it just fine. If it doesn't then it won't have ruined your Christmas cos you are gonna RELAX.

By the way, that's an ORDER - I think everybody would agree with me on that.

LittleMissSparkles
28-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Listen girl they are certainly not worth getting that worked up about. You sound as though you have everything in place

Get your decs out, put your tree up, have a nice weekend (I suggest a huge bar of chocolate and bottle of wine) - like everyone says do a quickie risk assessment for your tree (blimey I haven't even thought about that yet - this is getting a bit daft if you ask me).

My inspection was due back in April this year and not a peep out of them. However, they have still got loads of newly registered minders still to do so it looks like they are way behind schedule. Chances are, Inspectors are wanting to slow down leading up to christmas so I really wouldn't expect a call. If it comes then you will deal with it just fine. If it doesn't then it won't have ruined your Christmas cos you are gonna RELAX.

By the way, that's an ORDER - I think everybody would agree with me on that.

am right with you Donna xxx

try not to worry babe, they were 7 months late coming tome for my first inspection xxx

Lou
28-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Totally agree with Donna!!!!

Relax!!!!!!!!

What are you supposed to do? put your life on hold? NO!!!

When (and if) they do call and if its before xmas, then fret about it then.

Oh and for the record just to be contraversial...I am not doing a flipping risk assessment for my xmas tree!!! what is the world coming to???????/

mind you i am all talk cos i am not due ofsted and if i was then i might reconsider lol

Anyway hunny, sounds to me like you are totally on top of everything, so just chill out a bit and relax and enjoy xmas and as Donna says THATS AN ORDER!!!!

patevans
28-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I am panicking about mine too, i'm due my 3yr inspection in Jan, spending the whole weekend catching up on paperwork instead of shopping http://bestsmileys.com/crying/15.gif

Lou
28-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I am panicking about mine too, i'm due my 3yr inspection in Jan, spending the whole weekend catching up on paperwork instead of shopping http://bestsmileys.com/crying/15.gif

Dont make me give you a lecture too

go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!

patevans
28-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Dont make me give you a lecture too

go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh I cant go shopping, its playing on my mind already!! I have only got about 8 weeks until they are due.... ARGHHHH http://bestsmileys.com/scared/7.gif

Pauline
28-11-2008, 09:05 PM
mind you i am all talk cos i am not due ofsted and if i was then i might reconsider lol

hey don't forget we are all back to zero and they could come at any time. :)

donnahay0
28-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Now if somebody ordered me to go shopping instead of worrying about an Ofsted Visit I think I know what I would do .....

Well I think I might just have to go and do some this weekend anyway - may I stress that it is just research, just to see if it actually does relieve stress and take my mind of upcoming inspections, eyfs and anything to do with childminding.

I must say I think it is working already - I can feel a pair of new boots coming my way :jump for joy:

patevans
28-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Now if somebody ordered me to go shopping instead of worrying about an Ofsted Visit I think I know what I would do .....

Well I think I might just have to go and do some this weekend anyway - may I stress that it is just research, just to see if it actually does relieve stress and take my mind of upcoming inspections, eyfs and anything to do with childminding.

I must say I think it is working already - I can feel a pair of new boots coming my way :jump for joy:

Well I want this dress http://www.newlook.co.uk/1515009/151500901/ProductDetails.aspx (in red) for new year so I might have to go shopping after all http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/free-jumping-smileys-601[1].gif (http://smileyshut.com)

patevans
28-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Well I want this dress http://www.newlook.co.uk/1515009/151500901/ProductDetails.aspx (in red) for new year so I might have to go shopping after all http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/free-jumping-smileys-601[1].gif (http://smileyshut.com)

Sorry not sure if I am allowed to post that link? If not pls accept my apologies x

Minnie mouse
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi guys, i just wanted to say thankyou so much for your words of support. I have finished most ofmy work now after several weeks of sitting at the computer full time doing sef, policies, procedures, learning journey books, scrap books, planning observations etc. I still have not received my call from ofsted so i decided to put up my tree and decorations and my son loves them. Ive decided your all right and i have stopped stressing and letting it get me down and cause problems in my familylife, if and when ofsted call i shall worry about it then :thumbsup: and i may be back for ideas for a christmas tree risk assessment lol :laughing: :laughing: