PDA

View Full Version : what buggy/s???confused!

mumx3
28-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I am setting up at the mo and I am trying to decide on what buggies to get.

I will defo need a double and a single. I want lightweight ones, and nothing huge when folded. I am not sure whether to get a double side by side or a tandem.

They dont have to lie flat but must lie back at least. I am like a kid in a sweet shop and cant decide. I dont want to buy something and then change my mind. I want them to last.

Please help!

LOOPYLISA
28-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I don.t think you can go wrong with a mclaren, i have a single and a double, also have a 3 wheeler(not sure wat this make is)!

I really don.t like the phil and teds think thats wat they are called the one where the baby looks like its under the top seat iyswim? sorry to those who have one, just my opinion :blush:

LittleStars
28-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I love my P&T....

Can be used as a double and a single, fits a buggyboard, folds pretty small for a 3 wheeler...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

PixiePetal
28-11-2008, 02:55 PM
for a single I would go for maclaren every time. I take mine on the bus folded or up, no problem. handles are a good height, some cheaper strollers have low handles - depends how tall you are! :laughing:

I have side by side maclaren twin and am looking into tandem either p+t or would love a Jane. So I can get it in my front door!

Good luck!

mumx3
28-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I like the maclaren singles...had one for my daughter (now 4) and loved it...but will need a new one.

But I hated the maclaren twin traveller I tried out...it was super heavey and awkward.

ANyone tried the mamas and papas twin Aria???

I agree about the phil and teds...I dont like the low down seats and jane's are too expensive.

Pudding Girl
28-11-2008, 03:40 PM
A vote for the Phil n Ted from me, why have 2 buggies when one does the job just fine? And it's a load of rot that the child in the back can't see!!

jeanybeany
28-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I have just purchased a phil and teds and it's the best money I've ever spent. I love it!!!!!!!!! I can use it in so many ways and have a buggypod fitted to the side and even with three children in aged 2, 17 mths and 7 mths it's still light enough to push one handed, folds small enough to get in my 7 seater car with all seats up and people comment everywhere I go, they are gobsmacked when they realise there is a child at the back as well. As for the younger child not being able to see, mine love it and all want to ride at the back. I hang toys from the front seat for the baby and the other day when out, baby was looking up at me and I could talk to him and see him well for a tandum style.

I previously had a maclaren twin traveller which I loved but was heavy for me too push and too big to get in the 7 seater and the fiesta. You could get this in a really small car. People have come over to feel the material on the seats as they say the children look so warm and comfortable.

Go to mothertcare and have a play with the pushchairs available but I would buy phil and teds everytime mine goes from single to triple with the buggypod attachment in seconds. Brilliant:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pudding Girl
28-11-2008, 07:50 PM
oooh buggypods fit on P&T? *ponders* I hang toys down for the back one too or fix them on the side on toy ties, 2yo loves surprising people who don't at first realise she is there, and as you say it's great for chatting as they can just look up at you :)

I heart P&Ts!

mumx3
28-11-2008, 09:44 PM
never thought I would be interested in the P and T but have been looking at them online. I think I will have to go and have a play at mothercare.

Which model do you think is best. I have seen the E3??? Classic and Sport online. Cant say I can see much difference.

Which one is best?

PixiePetal
28-11-2008, 10:06 PM
From what I can see the E3 is slightly narrower than the sport. Every cm counts with my front door! :D

Pudding Girl
28-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I got an E3 ( old one though not the new Classic) off Ebay 2nd hand for £200, but went and played with a Sport in the shops first to get a feel for it lol. There's also a Vibe, but I really didn't like that one, but it's the same type of buggy with extra seat to go on front or the back.

balloon
30-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I have the P&T Vibe.

I've only just bought it as I had two p&t sports that broke and was less than impressed after hearing such good things about them (one took 6 weeks to break, the other 2 minutes).

The Vibe's seat is wider than the sport and classic and much more comfy for the LOs. The brake is on the handle which some peeps have found a problem but personally I find much easier. It folds with the double kit on the back which the sport doesn't (a bit complicated to fold but not impossible). The straps are shorter which isn't a great feature tbh as it's suppoded to go up to age 4, but I love the way it clips up as there are only two clips to worry about (works like a car seat).

Of course it's also a lot more expensive than the Sport at rrp £555 for the pushchair, double seat and waterproofs but there are bargains to be had, I only paid £460 for the lot!

The best thing for me is the inline twin thing, can get through all the doorways, easy to steer, huge shopping basket etc and most importnatly it's not front heavy so you can get up curbs etc. Do try before you buy though as you may find the fold too fussy or the handle-brake a pain.

Sorry to go on but all the reviews I read before I bought were negative so just trying to redress the balance a little, lol! ;)

I also have a Mamas and papas twin Beat (side by side) and hate it - hard to lay back/sit up, narrow seat units, seat is wrecking after toddler has been in it twice - a totaly waste of 170 quid, if you're going to get an umbrella fold I'd go for a maclaren.

gemhei
30-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Ive found that graco are really bad for weight and getting up and down, dunno what new ones are like though they may have improved. My mamas and papas stroller (single) is fantastic very light can throw it round corners and folds one handed. I got pink one but can get it in black, wouldnt be without it. My double pram is very heavy and although the basket space is good i cant put more than a loaf of bread in it or it scrapes on the wheel, already scraped, anymore and there will be a hole! I would of prefered a twin (side by side) but for £30 brand new i wasnt going to refuse. Not a popular make infact i cant even remember it. For a double i used to have a Maclaren and it was great and easy.

jeanybeany
01-12-2008, 08:49 PM
oooh buggypods fit on P&T? *ponders* I hang toys down for the back one too or fix them on the side on toy ties, 2yo loves surprising people who don't at first realise she is there, and as you say it's great for chatting as they can just look up at you :)

I heart P&Ts!

Oh yes George buggy pods fit and work brilliantly. I would not beable to go on nice walks along the country tracks without mine. Pm me for a picture if you like if you are unsure about what one is. Everyone stops me to make a comment and have had 2 people 2day ask where I got it at school as they want one. Great if you like being the talk of the playground (which I don't much, but if it makes life easier and means you can get out and about, I'm in favour).:) :) :) Makes me laugh as people are so intrigued by it!!:laughing: