PDA

View Full Version : Hand foot and mouth

tomthumb
27-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Did you know you could catch it twice?
My lo had it in September and nicely shared it with me btw. This morning, woke up with it again. Took her to the doctor and she got a different strength of it. I cannot believe how unlucky she is! She has been really poorly with it as well. She can't eat as she has her tongue and palate covered in ulcers and she has such a high temperature.
I also wanted to ask, how often do you need to take time off because your children are ill? Since I started minding, I have had at least one or two days off every month as she keeps on catching things. I am really lucky as parents are very understanding but for how long?

Elodie X

sarah707
27-11-2008, 08:41 PM
My 2 are older now so I bung them upstairs and carry on working.

It's hard when they are little though. I know parents who have gone to nurseries saying childminders are unreliable because they have to take time off while nurseries are open every day... yes but they use bank staff who don't know their child :(

I hope your dd gets better soon xx

nell57
27-11-2008, 08:59 PM
My ds had it when he was younger but only had mild symptoms and only once. He did have shingles when he was 4 though, before that i always thought children didn't get shingles.

hope your dd gets well soon

tomthumb
28-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks!
Had to take her back today to doctor as she is now covered, worse being inside her mouth and on her bottom. It looks really really bad! It is still the same but it can spread and there are different degrees of the illness but my baby had to have a severe case!! twice!! I have a priority pass at teh doctor we are there so often!!! :laughing: :laughing:
She is finally sleeping now (just before the school runs...) after a sleepless night.

Elodie X