PDA

View Full Version : parents...

mandy moo
27-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I am so mad, sitting here this afternoon on the carpet playing with the the 15mth old and 4 1/2 year old and out the blue the 4 1/2yr old says she was sick in bed last night!! :eek:
Dad didnt say a word when he dropped her off aat half past 1!:mad:
Mums just picked her up and I told her wot mindee said, the reply was
"Oh that because she had 2 teas last night, she said (The child) she didnt have tea here last night.."
Well mum normally picks child up at 6pm, I give the child tea, which they provide, with my 2 boys at 5pm!!:rolleyes:
I cant do confrontations so I just said that LO hadnt been her normal self, today, and hasnt asked for any snacks, that this in itself is unusual , as she is forever asking for snacks.
She is ill, not simply becoz she had two teas last night..
And yes I appreciate that they work, taking tiome off is hard, but why cant they accept if theyre child is ill, they should be at home with them ..after all they will get paid if they ring in sick, I dont if me or mine are sick and I cant take theyre child...:mad:
OOOOHH Im so mad, sorry for the rant

mushpea
27-11-2008, 06:48 PM
i had a bit of a grrrr moment tuesday, on monday mum picked mindie up and as she was leaving turned and said oh, by the way, she has nits, hadn't let me know before so my kids spent all evening with her and could have go them, my poor daughter has very long hair and its a night mare getting rid of them, so i said to mum please don't send her tommoro unless she has been treated, ok says mum . next day pick her up from school and ask her if she had her hair washd last night, the reply was no mum was too tierd:angry: checked her hair when we got home and lots of little critters so had to call mum to come and get her as i had 4 girls that day all with long hair, mum wasn't at all happy although didn't say anything and the next day she came to me after being treated.
its just frustrating when this sort of thing happens.

Hannahlg
27-11-2008, 06:53 PM
well you see if parents dont say there being ill thne we dont know and then there dont have to have day of with them

all my parents are good tho and will take time if child is ill

LisaH
27-11-2008, 07:50 PM
This drives me crazy too. Most of my parents are ok but one of them always brings her dd when she is ill!!! I have had 3 days off ill myself this week because I caught a bug from her. Thats the first time off sick for me in 4years! Needless to say I was not impressed when she turned up this morning with an eye infection. AAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh.

Something tells me I need to take action, fast.:panic:

mandy moo
28-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Well she got diohrea now so just txt dad he gonna try and pick her up!
I wouldnt mind so much her staying if I didnt have baby mindee, and told him so,
I hate having conversations like that, why is it I feel guilty:mad:

Lottie
28-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Don't feel guilty! This is not part of your contract and you are not medically qualified to look after a sick child. Remember this is your business, don't feel pressured or bullied into something you are not happy with.

kiddiwinks
28-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I also have had rubbish week for sickness this week and lost to siblings for it as refused to have one of them with chest infection the following day.

I also had a boy after school who poo'd his self just seconds before his dad picked him up. (got out of cleaning that one.) dad said it was only a little bit he will see how he is for the following day for school.
He got dropped of to me saying he been fine it only happened that once so he not ill. He seemed fine in the morning no dashes to toilet before school, when i picked him up teachers said he not been well with bad tummy so he was not well.

ChocolateChip
28-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I found out yesterday that a lo I have had for 4/5 mths now, has an inhaler! :eek:
Mum never said a word all this time, even though as you all know it 's in the contracts and forms blah blah :angry:
I only found that out because he'd had a cold -I even mentioned to her that he'd sounded wheezy after his nap the other day, still didn't tell me then- only when she dropped him in a rush and said 'I've given him his inhaler', and I'm standing there panicking thinking I've got no forms, no permission, no training...:panic:
Apparently he doesn't have it all the time, and then only once a day but even so you'd think she could have told me, I may have inadvertently done something to trigger it, or what if he'd had a sudden attack,- they just don't think do they! :mad: :angry: :mad:

Sorry to rant on, off my chest now (no pun intended :D )