PDA

View Full Version : It's like buses!

Tatia
27-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I went for about a year with no phone calls for minding. I was pretty happy and nearly full plus lots of part-timers so very busy. Just had 1 full-time space available. Chances are if that space had been booked, I'd never have sought work elsewhere (at the pre-school). Since then, I have had 3 phone calls, all for 1 and 2 year olds.:rolleyes: One I have actually taken on as it's after -school hours and 2 were for full-time!:mad: Crazy how that works, isn't it? I'm happy with my new job and the part-time minding I'm still doing but it's a bit annoying.

yummymummy
27-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Isn't it always the way!
The trouble is the way childminding is going in some areas you have to wait so long to fill vacancies and many of us can't afford to do it.
Hope you are enjoying both childminding and pre school work it must be nice to have a change of scenery and a bit of adult company as well as still keeping your hand in with childminding. :)

sarah707
27-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Typical! :rolleyes:

At least you've found a place where you are happy...

Tatia
27-11-2008, 06:41 PM
a bit of adult company
Don't bet on it! :rolleyes: Staff and Committee are bigger babies than the children!:rolleyes: :laughing:

Hannahlg
27-11-2008, 06:49 PM
i know we got loads of phone calls when were full but then where not full we dont get any

Tatia
28-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh.My.Gawd.
Just had ANOTHER enquiry!!!:panic: This is for one I can do though as it's after school and hols and the LG goes to same school as my daughter. Had a lovely enquiry through my website, Mum was impressed with it so they are worth doing.

That's 4 in the last month! May not seem like much to others but for this area, that is striking it rich. I am seriously laughing at the ridiculousness of it.

Ah well. Hope to be meeting with the family next week so will let you know what's going on.

miffy
28-11-2008, 05:49 PM
That's funny isn't it after the drought! Do you know where they got your name from - could any of them be because you are now working at the playgroup and becoming better known?

At least you've got some more work out of it :)

Miffy xx

flora
28-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I think they call this murphy's law :laughing:

Glad you are happy though :thumbsup: