PDA

View Full Version : Part time assistant?

Mummits
27-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I am considering taking on an assistant on up to 3 afternoons a week after school hours either to play with some of my after-school kids or to help out more generally with tidying up toys, making the tea etc. (as I'm finding it difficult to do everything at once). I'm not looking for extra numbers or to leave the assistant in charge or get them to collect from school or anything. Can anyone see any problems with this idea? I see from the NCMA site that I would need to inform OFSTED, as you'd expect, but does anyone know whether I need to do that first (and perhaps wait for agreement) or can I do it and then tell them about it? .. and do I need to get CRB checks done or will OFSTED do that?

sarah707
27-11-2008, 09:00 PM
You need to ring Ofsted and take their advice.

The assistant will need a cRB check before starting and they will need to be insured.

If you are going to leave the assistant with children on their own, they will need to do a paed first aid course.

There are extra regulations about qualifications but I'm sorry I'm not 100% clear on them... have a browse through teh assistants section threads and you will find more information.

hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
27-11-2008, 09:02 PM
You will need him/her to complete the EY2 form off of Ofsted's site and that will start the ball rolling and CRB forms being sent.

Once this is done you can get insured and get a Public Liability Certificate. This will allow them to be left on the premises.

I think if you talk to Ofsted that they could work without the above as long as they are not left in sole charge of the children.