PDA

View Full Version : SEN Code of practice

Minnie mouse
27-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi does anyone know where i can get the sen code of practice please?

mrsb
27-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Do any of these help?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAZ_en-GBGB244GB245&q=sen+code+of+practice

sorry never heard of it myself lol:blush:

sarah707
27-11-2008, 10:58 AM
It's on teachernet here -

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/docbank/index.cfm?id=3724

Can i be nosey? Why are you wanting it? It's very .... dry

:D

Mags
27-11-2008, 11:06 AM
i found this if it helps

Minnie mouse
27-11-2008, 02:05 PM
thanks guys, thats very helpful. Sarah yes you can be nosey, Nosey is my middle name :laughing: i think i saw in a post this morning a new EYFS book coming out in december and i had a sneak peek at a sample page and it said for inclusive practice you should have a sen policy and the sen code of practice? :D

sarah707
27-11-2008, 02:10 PM
thanks guys, thats very helpful. Sarah yes you can be nosey, Nosey is my middle name :laughing: i think i saw in a post this morning a new EYFS book coming out in december and i had a sneak peek at a sample page and it said for inclusive practice you should have a sen policy and the sen code of practice? :D

Ahhh! I see!

Just to clarify, the Eyfs says -

Equality of opportunities

All providers must have and implement an effective policy about ensuring equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities.

All providers in receipt of Government funding must have regard to the SEN Code of Practice.

Sooooo.... if you are not accredited then you do not need to have the document...

But... for good practice you should have some idea of what it says and how it protects children :D

Minnie mouse
27-11-2008, 02:17 PM
haha needless to say i wont be printing off a 217page sen code of practice, unless i need it? :eek:

Minnie mouse
27-11-2008, 02:18 PM
sorry to be silly but what is an accredited childminder again? :laughing:

sarah707
27-11-2008, 06:02 PM
sorry to be silly but what is an accredited childminder again? :laughing:

You need to be a member of an NCMA children come first network and have done a course.

You can then get govt funding for looking after pre-schoolers (like they get in nurseries and playgroups).

They don't do it in lots of areas. Depends where you live

Minnie mouse
27-11-2008, 06:30 PM
ah right thanks. think ilbe giving that a miss for now :laughing: i have enough on my plate. Wish ofsted would phone me so i know when im having my inspection :panic: