PDA

View Full Version : "Practising childminding"

Ripeberry
26-11-2008, 02:49 PM
My DD2 has made quite a lot of friends through the pre-school i help out at and for the last couple of months i've been inviting playdates over for lunch and to stay until around 2pm (less than 2hrs), that way DD2 can get used to lots of kids playing with her toys and she gets to play with her friends a bit longer.
And i can see what interests the children and try and do crafts with them.
Was trying to make silver foil tree decorations today, but ended up doing them myself, but at least they sat down for 10 mins!
Also today the cats were being PITA as one had decided to throw up on the kitchen floor (thank goodness no where else) and the other decided it would be a good idea to try and squeeze out of the top window and brought down the curtain pole !
Getting lots of practice in keeping calm:laughing:

SimplyLucy
26-11-2008, 02:51 PM
My DD2 has made quite a lot of friends through the pre-school i help out at and for the last couple of months i've been inviting playdates over for lunch and to stay until around 2pm (less than 2hrs), that way DD2 can get used to lots of kids playing with her toys and she gets to play with her friends a bit longer.
And i can see what interests the children and try and do crafts with them.
Was trying to make silver foil tree decorations today, but ended up doing them myself, but at least they sat down for 10 mins!
Also today the cats were being PITA as one had decided to throw up on the kitchen floor (thank goodness no where else) and the other decided it would be a good idea to try and squeeze out of the top window and brought down the curtain pole !
Getting lots of practice in keeping calm:laughing:

Sounds like you've been having fun!

You don't need to worry about having a child over 2 hours if they are coming over to play with your DD. They can stay as long as you want them to.

Annie_T
26-11-2008, 06:18 PM
good idea hun, sounds like you already run off your feed with 2 cats haha