PDA

View Full Version : christmas fees

taiwallis
26-11-2008, 09:59 AM
I am in a little bit of a pickle and not sure what to do. Last year i took a weeks holiday at christmas. I was full and so was able to afford to. This year, i have been quieter, and really can't afford to shut down. However, i dont want to upset my parents. One is a teacher, however, knows i dont offer term time contracts, and another one is going on holiday for 2 weeks. I get on so well with them all - i dont want to upset them - but perhaps i am just being soft, and should stick to business being business.
Any ideas?
x

Chatterbox Childcare
26-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Stick to your terms in the contract and if you are working - charge

I think you would be daft not to with them going away but think about what if they weren't?

Remember you are a business....

taiwallis
26-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry should have said - all other clients coming as normal - so working as normal. What do people do with regards to christmas and new year? Do you charge as normal like other bank holidays?

Alibali
26-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Business is business!! I have just printed off my Dec invoices and have charged full fees for public holidays and nothing for my own holidays, as per contract. I do feel quite bad for one set of parents as they are wed, thur, fri which means this year they are paying for 4 public holidays where as my mon, tues ones are paying nothing cos I,m off.

However it will balance out over the year as the rest of the public holidays are mondays!

tulip0803
26-11-2008, 04:17 PM
The only 2 days I do not charge for are Christmas & boxing day cos I am available all other bank hols but not those days. Charge as per your contracts. If you are open then they should pay full/half fees whichever you have put in & if you charge Bank Holidays then you are entitled to them too.