PDA

View Full Version : Air Freshners?

Hebs
25-11-2008, 09:44 PM
what do Ofsted think about them??

I have 2 battery operated ones just wanted to check

balloon
25-11-2008, 09:47 PM
I had several plug in ones (the type with 3 different scents) when I had my pre-reg and the inspector didn't comment so I presume they are ok (she couldn't have missed them and picked up on other little things so I think would have said)

FizzysFriends
25-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I would be careful with the plug in ones if you mind anyone with asthma!

LOOPYLISA
25-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Also if your at the right height when there about to go "puff" you get an eyefull..............................:D trust me.......

Hebs
25-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I have 2 air wick freshmatics one on top of my coat shelf (so well above eye level and out of reach) and one on top of my fridge again out of reach

LOOPYLISA
25-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I have 2 air wick freshmatics one on top of my coat shelf (so well above eye level and out of reach) and one on top of my fridge again out of reach

Mine is a bit lower as ive no little ones yet, just have to remember they are there!, it keeps on getting me ha ha x :D

Hebs
25-11-2008, 10:06 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Spangles
25-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I've got air fresheners too, no comment from inspector.

miss mopple
26-11-2008, 08:06 AM
I was told that the plug in ones are a definate no no as they are toxic, so obviously not great if kids can reach them.

I am very wary of chemical fresheners as they are so strong. They give me a stinking headache and make me sneeze, so goodnees knows what effect they would have on a little one who was susceptible to the chemicals in them.

flora
26-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I was told that the plug in ones are a definate no no as they are toxic, so obviously not great if kids can reach them.

I am very wary of chemical fresheners as they are so strong. They give me a stinking headache and make me sneeze, so goodnees knows what effect they would have on a little one who was susceptible to the chemicals in them.

I was gonna say this and decided against it :blush: My environmental views are often treated as just that Mental :laughing:

I personally don't like air freshners for the afore mentioned reason. But I don't know that Ofsted have a prob with them.

Up to you I suppose, as long as they are out of the way?

Mollymop
26-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I use plug in ones and make sure they are in a higher socket or somewhere where little hands don't play with them.
As for aerosol ones, I suppose as long as they are up high it shouldn't be a problem with ofsted.

Hebs
26-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I have them set to go off once every 40 mins so it's not continous and they are high up i can just reach them :thumbsup:

gemhei
26-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Dont mean to offend or be funny but I dont use them, they are poisonous and think they should be banned! I open the windows or make my own for after smelly nappies with lemon juice or lavender. I do use a little febreeze on fabics that i know wont go in mouths, sometimes i use a scented candle in the evenings but only if needs be.

DCS
26-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I use plug in ones and make sure they are in a higher socket or somewhere where little hands don't play with them.
As for aerosol ones, I suppose as long as they are up high it shouldn't be a problem with ofsted.

How high up are your plug sockets? Or do you use an extention high up on a bookshelf?

Cecile
x