PDA

View Full Version : Steroids

louise
25-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi, Mindee has been prescribed steroids for his chest and wheezyness. I had to send him home as he cried all the way to school this morning due to his cough and i had to carry him home.

Now is the rule similar to antibiotics? 24 hrs? it sounds like she is going to send him tom.

Thanks Lou

berkschick
25-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Alice used to constantly be on steroid tablets for her asthma when she was little.

They do get to work really quickly but I would not accept him tomorrow as he may, depending on how bad his asthma was (pretty bad I would imagine for steroids to be given) but he will more than likely still be having asthma symptoms and going out in the cold on school runs etc would not be the best idea. Alice would normally be given 5 days of tablets at a time so maybe have him back Thursday once they have had a chance to get to work?

Poor little thing, I hope he is ok.

sarah707
25-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Has he had them before?

Be wary of allergic reactions (says the mother of an extremely allergic ds)

louise
25-11-2008, 07:46 PM
No he hasn't had them. Ihave told mum she is fine. she is going to let me know how he is for thurs. Poor boy really wasnt right. He cried all the way to school and back. He wasnt interested in anything he normally was. Jet as soon as mum arrives he starts running and rolling on floor! don't you just love that.