PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

jackandjill
25-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone

Just had an enquire regarding childcare for 2 children same family part time only one catch it doesn't start untill May 2009 she wants to come tomorrow to see me.Personal i think its too far ahead 6 months.

Thanks Sarah

yummymummy
25-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I would see her but I think 6 months is way too long if you have vacancies now. I would say that you will still advertise vacancies and if get any other interest would give the lady first option of the places but a retainer fee of half price would need to be paid until places taken up. I don't think you can be fairer than that. If you can afford to wait that long without money and liked the family then a months deposit to be paid and knocked off the first months fees. But I think first option fairest to you. Good luck :thumbsup:

RainbowMum
25-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I had an enquiry 6 months in advance, for one child 2 days a week. I asked for a £200 deposit and refunded 50% on 1st invoice - kept £100 instead of a retainer. A retainer would have been more money but I felt this was easier to ask for. The contract started in September and they are a lovely family. Wait & see if you like them - good families are worth going out of your wau for xx

ajs
25-11-2008, 05:00 PM
i agree with sharon if you like them maybe you could look for a temporary parttimer to take the place in the mean time

angeldelight
25-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I had an enquiry 6 months in advance, for one child 2 days a week. I asked for a £200 deposit and refunded 50% on 1st invoice - kept £100 instead of a retainer. A retainer would have been more money but I felt this was easier to ask for. The contract started in September and they are a lovely family. Wait & see if you like them - good families are worth going out of your wau for xx

I think thats fair and a good idea

I would do more or less the same

Good luck hope it works out

Angel xx