View Full Version : Last minute tips

Hebs
25-11-2008, 01:44 PM
for my ofsted inspection

it's on thursday morning :panic:

I have house tidy and safe,
printed out my policies/risk assessments so she can look through them
i have my wish list of toys

need to do the preparing for your inspection booklet but can't get my brain to work

i'm stressing :panic:

LOOPYLISA
25-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Relax, it will be fine, i was so worried, but it was just like chatting to someone i had known for years, you will be fine, let us know how you get on x :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
25-11-2008, 02:31 PM
All I can say is relax, do what you normally do and forget that the inspector is there. Had mine this morning and she was really nice.

Good luck, you'll be fine.

Hebs
25-11-2008, 02:40 PM
oh it's my pre reg inspection :blush:

Jules27
25-11-2008, 03:46 PM
For your pre reg inspection they are basically checking you are a suitable person, suitable house etc... its great you have got policies and risk assesments done.. I had done most of mine and she was very surprised and said not many pre reg minders have them ready!!! They are basically there to HELP you on this inspection, yes you will be asked questions about how you will plan on keeping children safe, about food storage/prep (i was asked where I would store lunch boxes!!!!) etc.... try not to panic hopefully you will get a nice inspector! mine was lovely!!!! I have my 1st graded inspection next week or week after (nice, could have given me an exact day!!!) and I THINK it is the same inspector I had for my pre reg!!!

Above all, just be your self and you will be fine!:)

mrsbumbles
25-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Just wanna wish you luck for Thursday :thumbsup:

RainbowMum
25-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Good luck, sounds like you have everything covered xx

Hebs
25-11-2008, 03:54 PM
does anyone know a good website that expains the EYFS??

Jules27
25-11-2008, 04:34 PM
does anyone know a good website that expains the EYFS??

Don't worry yourself too much about that at the mo hun!! Have you got a copy of the EYFS pack with CD rom? If so just have a flick through. You will need to get yourself booked on an Exploring the Pack course at some point. I'm doing mine in dec.

Have a good read through various posts on here, some really good advice! At pre reg you are not expected to know EYFS inside out! Just RELAX!!!! I know, easier said than done, that 1st visit from the big O is very daunting!! But they ARE only human!!:)