PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

kiddiwinks
25-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Some of you may have read my post's the last few weeks about being taken for a mug, and about that child was ill yeasterday with cough and cold yeasterday and clearly not well, i spoke to mom and said well i really cant have her wed (dont have today) if still not well. Dad came chuckling to self and say's straight away so you cant have her with just a cough and cold but you have alsways had both with it before.

Well saw mom today with little one taking older one to pre-school, she did not really want to stop only did as little one ran up to me to give me kiss and cuddle. Little one did not look well at all wrapped up in pram with Dummy which she has not had in day since the summer. I asked mom how she was and the quick reply was she fine, i then asked how did she get on and docs, another quick reply she got chest infection and viral infection got antibiotics and will be fine for tomorrow, then walked off.

How do i say that i really don't want her while poorly, they think she fine even though doc said what she got and given antibiotics for her. If it is virul then i really don't want to spread it round anymore. I know lots got it put dont want to bring it direct in house for my children and the others.

I know that it is going to cause alot of grief.

marion123
25-11-2008, 12:13 PM
i would ask her to wait until medicine kicks in as its not fair on your other mindees yur family etc say you could have her on friday :)

Rainy
25-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I have had the same problem as this before when a child has had a chest infection and been on antibiotics. If this is the first time the child has been on the antibiotics then you need to refuse care until they have been taking them for 48 hours just in case thay have a allergic reaction to them.
As long as the child is happy and not disrupting the other childrens routine then i would except them. If they are going to spend the whole day crying for their mum i would refuse.

It is difficult refusing care and i am always worried that they will give notice but at the end of the day a child will always want to be at home with there mum when thay are ill.

kiddiwinks
25-11-2008, 02:16 PM
She was so grumpy yesterday mom said she was alot better, even though she been up loads with temperature and given calpol before coming to me. she did upset others i had 3 crying at one point as she kept crying and he was tired, the 3 year old crying because the other 2 were to loud crying.
I told this mom on the afternoon and they still never fetched her till normal time. I saw her today and she did not look well.
She is a hard child anyway, she is the hardest child i have looked after and i have been minding for 8 years, and when she poorly i cant do anything with her or others.

loocyloo
25-11-2008, 05:25 PM
oh honey,

no advice, just a hug for you!

xxx

'my' child who was off with a viral rash on thurs, but 'fine' ... but then didn't come friday, hasn't yet returned this week, as now on antibiotics!!! this is the parents choice not mine!

kiddiwinks
25-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I did ask a primary school teacher her opinion also and she said that no way would her school have her, if she came to them they would send her straight back home again. Their not allowed to give any antibiotics or medicine at all, if child needs them parents have to come lunch time to give it.

Really don't know how to tell parents i dont want her here while ill, as i do feel i am letting them down. I know if they bring her unless she really poorly being sick there would be no one to collect till normal time, cant deal with another misserable day with a poorly baby that is not even mine.

Blaze
25-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Do you have a sickness policy? i would ring & explain that as Lo has chest & viral infection & on antibiotics you are unable to have her as she will be unable to keep up with a normal day quite aside from safeguarding everyone else's health...if they don't like it tough...they chose to have children & it's their responsibility to look after them when they are il...NOT YOURS!:angry:

miffy
25-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately it looks like you will have to tell the parents if you don't want the child as they will bring her unless you say something.

Good luck whatever you decide to do - this is never an easy situation

Miffy xx

kiddiwinks
26-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Well parents came round to see me last night, as soon as daughter said both here with no children and wanted to talk in private i knew that it was to end contract.

Well both came in and ended it, the reason being that i said that i could not keep days open that had just been dropped because dad had been put on short time as my husband got no job in few weeks so could not afford to. (they could not afford to pay retainer to keep them open) also because they want some one more reliable who will take children when ill.

They have found minder who will do this but they have to take the child out of school to put her in another.

don the duck
26-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Well parents came round to see me last night, as soon as daughter said both here with no children and wanted to talk in private i knew that it was to end contract.

Well both came in and ended it, the reason being that i said that i could not keep days open that had just been dropped because dad had been put on short time as my husband got no job in few weeks so could not afford to. (they could not afford to pay retainer to keep them open) also because they want some one more reliable who will take children when ill.

They have found minder who will do this but they have to take the child out of school to put her in another.

Thats terrible.. well wish them good luck if they have found a childminder whom will look after sick children..

Sorry to hear u have lost them. but might be for a good reason.

Hebs
26-11-2008, 12:05 PM
MY GOD thats madness, changing a childs school to suit THE PARENTS wants :angry:

do they not know she'll have formed friendships, and the disruption it will cause

sounds like your better off without these parents xx

yummymummy
26-11-2008, 12:59 PM
For goodness sake any parent who will change a child's school for childcare reasons need their heads examining. All to do with money not sickness policy. Anyway do they not realise that under the terms of our ofsted registration we must protect the health of the children in our care as much as possible. Bet there will be trouble from the other parents when their children fall ill due to this attitude.
You poor thing, sending you a big hug :group hug: you really have had it hard what with your husbands job too.
I hope you get a lovely new family soon that appreciate you.

kiddiwinks
26-11-2008, 01:32 PM
i do feel releaved as children not great the one very hard work was feeling really down few weeks ago because of them and wanted to give notice but could not bring my self to do it and chickened out, then with hubby's job etc. Feel rather sad also as had them both from 10 weeks eldest nearly 4 we were all in tears.
i am feeling pretty down also as i am a known childminder at my school, and have pretty good relationship with pre-school where child went i have had a few children through them recommending me. I know that parent went in to see pre-school teacher yesterday to ask if their are any other childminders that go to the school, and then on afternoon to say child leaving in two weeks as found one at dif school.
When dropping another child of their yesterday the teacher did not really talk to me, so now it has got me thinking has that what have parents said to teacher why they changing etc, hope pre-school dont think it is somthing that i have done or not done with children. I dont want a bad rep from this parent even though i done nothing wrong just trying to surport my own family.
Do you think i should see the teacher but after all it is confidentiality, but it is really playing on my mind.

Was trying to do some nice flyers, anybody got any nice samples i could use and adapt as really cant think at the moment been up since 5 really worried about what has been said to school and the other childminder.

CCJD
26-11-2008, 01:47 PM
What's the betting that this new "wonder Childminder" hasn't been given an accurate a description of how ill their child is and more importantly how their child is when ill! This isn't just a case or runny nose and a bit if a cough but feeling ok in self to function normally and to change schools just to change Childminder is absurd- what if things don't work out with this minded??? Crazy people.
Whilst it can't be easy money wise to see them go , hopefully you will replace them with parents who genuinely put their child first where they can and with a child who is generally more fun to mind.
I currently have a great set of children who are all so co- operative it makes my job a joy. My current parents are also fab (ohhhh complete kiss of death there!)
Good luck.

kiddiwinks
26-11-2008, 02:05 PM
That is what i thought.

All i say is good luck to the childminder as their both hard work together as they fight and take things of each other for reaction. the little one very very demanding.

Don't get me wrong it have got very attached to them more than what i should have really but have had them from such an early age.