PDA

View Full Version : compulsary/voluntary registers

Straws
25-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi all just been checking the latest ofsted reports in my area stoke on trent and have noticed most have actions to meet the compulsary/voluntary registers

To comply with the requirements of the voluntary part of the Childcare Register, the registered person must take the following action/s by the specified date:

provide an action plan to show how you will obtain a level 2 qualification in an area of work relevant to childcare, or training in the core skills as set out in the document 'Common Core of Skills and Knowledge for the Children's Workforce

looks like we gonna have to get a level2 for those of us who aint done it:panic:

straws xx

Chatterbox Childcare
25-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I checked this out with my DO and was told that as I did the Social Services Introduction Course many moons ago this covered it and for new childminders I believe the ICP gives you the core skills.

Check it out as it may save you some training time.

sarah707
25-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes, in the requirements for the childcare registers (older children, not Eyfs) it says -

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

I understand the completion date for this is 2011... at the moment.

A bit silly that you will need to be better qualified for older children than for little ones if you ask me - but then nobody did :rolleyes:

The qualifications for Common Core Skills have just changed ... blowed if I can find the link just now, most coming up are out of date.

I think it's a wait and watch carefully thing just now :D