PDA

View Full Version : New childminder! Now insection looming

clare123
24-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi evryone, im a newbie and ive had my registration for about 4 weeks, however i recieved a letter on Fri saying are you ready for your inspection! They must be joking surely! Im still wading through policies, procedures, SEF and all that stuff. I am slightly concerned. Surely they cant expect me to do all of this within a few weeks. :eek:

Ripeberry
24-11-2008, 02:50 PM
If you are minding a child then they will come quite quickly for newbies. But if you don't even have a child i don't know what they can do, unless they are just going to grade you satisfactory for now and maybe re-do it again in 12 months?
Policies do take for AGES!

MissTinkerbell
26-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I was under the impression that they do not inspect you until you've been registered for 6 months. Wouldn't have thought that they would come so soon as 4 weeks. I had that booklet too about six weeks after being registered (May) and have only just had my inspection this week. Try not to panic just yet!

jmoff
26-11-2008, 02:52 PM
They usually call you to ask if you are minding and what ages the children are and then call to arrange an inspection.

Jx

Debster
30-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi evryone, im a newbie and ive had my registration for about 4 weeks, however i recieved a letter on Fri saying are you ready for your inspection! They must be joking surely! Im still wading through policies, procedures, SEF and all that stuff. I am slightly concerned. Surely they cant expect me to do all of this within a few weeks. :eek:

This is a booklet they usually send with your registration certificate to prepare you they inspect normally within 7 mths do not panic.
Deb