PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I've just found in the loo?

louised
24-11-2008, 01:10 PM
One of my 2 year old mindees has just been to the loo and when i checked to see if they were telling the truth (she said she had a poo)there was a balloon in her stools. I can't believe she has had access to a balloon this could have been so serious. I've actually fished the balloon out of the loo (i've got a cast iron stomach) so her parents can see it because I'm not sure they'd believe me. Now i'm not sure whether to ring mum at work and tell her or wait till mindee is picked up by dad and tell him.

Minstrel
24-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh gosh that could have been fatal if she'd have choked on it or it got stuck somewhere!

I think i would call mum and also write it in incident book- cos there might be more!

Twinkles
24-11-2008, 01:13 PM
eewww!!! Doncha just love your job sometimes ??

Heaven Scent
24-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Rather you than me!!!!!!!!

miss muffit
24-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Blimmy a balloon ....shame it wasnt money lol :laughing:

if it were me i would ring Mum and just tell her, maybe then she will

realise how dangerous balloons can be :eek:

she was lucky it came out the other end

Lou
24-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah i think i would ring mum to be safe...what if she has swallowed more than one?

I cant believe you fished it out!!!! good idea, but i think i would have been sick

louised
24-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I think I'll ring mum as I don't think it would be professional of me just to expect dad to pass on the message.

LOOPYLISA
24-11-2008, 01:50 PM
:eek: how dangerous could that of been :rolleyes:

miffy
24-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh blimey - what a lucky escape!

Would not have fancied fishing it out of the loo though :eek:

Miffy xx

vickie83
24-11-2008, 06:11 PM
She was allowed uninflated balloons at 2 :eek: She's a lucky girl, it could have been so much worse!

Rubybubbles
24-11-2008, 06:43 PM
OMG I am in shock:panic:

well done (made me go hwwweewww just reading:blush: ) and def write it up to cover yourself

Pauline
24-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I think I'll ring mum as I don't think it would be professional of me just to expect dad to pass on the message.

I dare you to plonk the balloon into his hand to pass on :D

Seriously though, I too would write it all up just in case anything similar ever happens, you need to cover yourself. :)

nannysue
24-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh my goodness, she's one very lucky little girl:eek: When you think of the damage it could have caused. Well done for going beyond the call of duty to retrieve the balloon!!! :laughing: Sue x

don the duck
24-11-2008, 08:53 PM
shocked a balloon how on earth did she manage to swallow that.

what u u do???? did u ring mom or wait for dad

mum22
24-11-2008, 08:54 PM
What did her mum / dad say ????

gemhei
24-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Could of been bad, did anyone read about the little girl in northern ireland? She swallowed a balloon, childminder tried to give cpr as she stopped breathing but it wasnt working, turns out everytime she gave breths it was blowing balloon up in her throat. She passed away unfortunatly. Lucky it passed though her.

louised
24-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Mum couldn't believe it when I told her but knew where the balloon had come from straight away. The mindees older sister had gone to a party the day before and brought home a party bag with a balloon in it, she thought the older child had put the balloon up on a shelf but obviously not. I have a feeling the older child probably got a right telling off. Why do people insist on putting balloons in party bags? If they must give balloons why not give an inflated one on a stick? Anyway I think there'll be a balloon ban in their house from now on.

Twinkles
24-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Having read your post I'm considering a balloon ban in my house too !

crazybones
25-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I have always hated balloons. My mum terrified us with stories when we were growing up of her uncle who choked on one and died.

I am the same when I see kids running along with lollipops in their mouths too. I always think they are going to fall and the lollipop will get wedged down their throat.

Bushpig
25-11-2008, 08:52 AM
When I put balloons out for a party/birthday of one of the kids, it's high up, so thay can't reach them. No way are they playing with them... not taking the chance.

I have given them lollipops twice when out, and told them if they run, they give me the lollipop back.. they didn't run ;)

I hope there are no more balloon bits in the little girl :( You don't think she should be taken for an xray perhaps?

louised
25-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Mum was pretty certain that there was only one balloon in the party bag