PDA

View Full Version : Baby banged his head!

cher25
24-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi all, im panicking a bit here and feel so, so bad, as my baby mindee has just banged his head. I put out a play tunnel and he went to go through it but fell on his forehead and banged it on a metal piece that holds the tunnel together. The metal is covered by the fabric in the tunnel, but not enough as i now know. I have put a cold compress on his head but it has bruised and the bruised bit has a slight bump. He seems fine, and is babbling away as he usually does, but he is forever falling at the moment and its always his head or lip that get's it! He has just started to walk more though. I wish i could cover my floors with soft play padding!lol
Should i maybe phone his mam?

Lavendergirl
24-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I would say yes,just tell her what has happened and that you don't want her to come get him just that you are letting her know he's had a bump on his head.I always inform my parents about head bumps if I am worried at all then it leaves the ball in their court if they want to either pop in and see them,come collect them or leave them with me.

Remember to fill in your accident form and get mum to sign it this evening to cover yourself.

I'm sure he is going to be fine and yes I know what you mean about covering the whole house with play padding,kids seem to go through times of constant head bumping.

Lavendergirl :)

Princess Sara
24-11-2008, 11:41 AM
DS1's school has a policy that they have to ring the parents everytime a child bumps their head. It's a bit over the top because I was called twice last week and he was perfectly fine (I think his teacher is a bit of a hypocondriac!(sp?) It's just to protect themself really in case anything did happen, it might make you feel better to just give the parents a quick call to let them know though.

Hope the babs is ok, they usually bounce back quickly!

venus89
24-11-2008, 11:44 AM
This happened to me not long after I started midning. LO was just learning to crawl, overbalanced and banged her head on the door - she had a bruise for a week! I did what you did and did the cold compress. As she seemed fine and it was only 3/4 hour before Mum was picking up anyway then I didn't contact Mum but in hindsight perhaps I could have texted? Anyway, I was convinced Mum would flip and hand in her notice but she was fine about it - these things happed.
x

sarah707
24-11-2008, 12:07 PM
always inform parents about a head bump.

I hope he is ok xx

katickles
24-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Hope lo is alright, which i'm sure he will be.

Maybe gve mum a quick call & just say its your policy to inform parents of a bump to the head, but that you feel lo is perfectly fine.

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/23/2396/239639.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

tomthumb
24-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Did you write it in your accident book? I would probably text mum to let her know so that she is not surprised at pick up time. Don't worry about it too much though. My lo has just started walking and she is black, blue and yellow all over her face! She even managed a black eye poor baby. If she was with a childminder or at a nursery I would not say anything if she came back with a bruise. These things happen unfortunately.

Elodie X

Ps: re-reading it it sounds really bad for my baby!!! I do watch her, honestly but she is just not solid!! :laughing: :laughing:

Lou
24-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Firstly try not to worry too much, these things happen esp when they are first walking.

BUT yes i would ring mum and just let her know whats happened. Our school also has a policy to call parents if a child has bumped their heads, i have now adopted the same policy as it is always best to cover yourself.

cher25
24-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Thank you all for your advice. I don't know why but i really panic with this baby as if he was my own.lol I don't seem to panic as much when my other mindee's fall over, dunno if it's just cos they are older. Dunno what ill be like when i do have kids of my own.
Anyway i have rang his mam and she said so long as he seems his normal self to me then that's fine. Im glad i rang, and will be putting in my policies asap.

Thank you.