PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ideas for really little ones!!

tomthumb
24-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, it says in the title doesn't it?
Has anyone got xmas ideas for 14 months old? I was thinking of doing a xmas tree with their green handprints. Maybe do some red and green collage but don't really know what to do...help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Elodie X

miss mopple
24-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Hand and footprint reindeer
Snowman collage
Handprint snowflakes
Mix magic reindeer food
Christmas treasure basket

Spangles
24-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm looking after a 14 month old she's not really old enough to do anything herself but today we started on a christmas decoration of sorts!

I got a paper plate and gave her crayons and felt tips so she's done some drawing on it.

Tomorrow I'll get it out again and show her about sticking on stickers.

Next day will get it out again and show her how to do finger printing.

Then I'm going to draw round her hands and cut them out on coloured paper and stick them round the edge and put a photo of her in the middle and some ribbon at the top so it can hang up!

I think it will look nice - might add a bit of glitter too as I like a bit of sparkle!

We're also listening to Christmas music and I'm singing it! Uh oh! We're looking at Christmas books too.

lissy
24-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Christmas treasure basket sounds great, what sort of things could you put in???

miss mopple
24-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Scented sachets (cinammony/orange smells)
Real orange
Plastic baubles
shiny beads/strings of bells
jingle bells
glitter bottles
christmas fabrics

Cant think what else I have in mine as I havent got it out yet this year.

Carol
24-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I put in mine a squeaky snowman toy, 6-10inch lengths of different texture and colour ribbons, bells, pine cone, bubble wrap, mirror bauble, different texture wrapping paper, 6-10 inch length of tinsel, soft christmas character and old musical christmas card or any christmas card. Just watch child at all times whilst they play with them.

Hope this helps

Carol
:)

don the duck
24-11-2008, 02:08 PM
i do this one all the time.

if u get a pink handprint in the middle and on eaith side 2 yellow ones. the turn them upside down angels body and wings. just add a circle for face.

tomthumb
24-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks a lot everyone for your great ideas. I particularly like to xmas treasure basket. What a great thing to do. They are a bit bored with my treasure basket so I am sure they will love a new one.
Will also do the hand and foot print.

Great!! I am all excited now....

Elodie X

tomthumb
27-11-2008, 07:57 PM
After your excellent ideas, I thought I'd put together a xmas treasure basket as they love their treasure basket. Anyway I went to Tesco this morning and they have some baubles at half price. They are all textured and lovely. I got a crochet one, one covered with pipe cleaners and a nest of bells bauble. They look and feel fantastic and tried them with my lo and she loved them.
They also had nesting penguins for £2 as well as a nativity set with big round characters for £3.
I was really pleased with it and I am off to town in the morning to complete my collection. Thank you again

Elodie