PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio

Minnie mouse
23-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi im just updating my portfolio for ofsted and taking out all my policies and putting them in therie own plocy folder. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to waht i could put in the positive contribution section please, as i only have house rules?
Also the keeping children healthy i only have menu axample
health guidlelines and exclusion period, is there anything else?
Many thanks

singlewiththree
23-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe I have done mine wrong but I have put under positive contribution

Anti bullying
Postitive Behaviour
Partnership with parents
Complaints
Admissions
Settling in policy

Under keeping children healthy I have loads I used the every child matters pdf doc which is too big to put here.

It says

BE HEALTHY
This Outcome should contain policies and procedures on:
Sick Child
No Smoking
Healthy Eating
Administering Medication
Hygiene

Additional Policies applicable to your Childminding service might include:
Sun Protection
Nappy/Toilet training
Head Lice
Sand Pit
Dental Hygiene
Pet
Sleeping Baby
Permission Forms might include:
Sun cream
Administering medication
Emergency Medical Treatment
Dental Hygiene

Minnie mouse
24-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks very much for that, but im trying to keep my policies in a seperate folder than my portfolio. so just wondering what to put in portfolio besides policies :)

sarah707
24-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Positive contribution -

Info about disabilities

Equal opportunities poster

Download from www.inthepicture.org.uk

Positive behaviour goals

How I manage children's behaviour positively

Working with parents

Working with other settings.

Have you seen the folder separators on www.bromleycma.org.uk - they might help :D

Minnie mouse
25-11-2008, 10:36 AM
:) Hi thankyou i shall have a look for some info on diasabillities etc

Minnie mouse
26-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Is there anywhere i can get some information on working with parents and working with other settings to putin my portfolio please? Also what outcome shall i put my personal information under please i.e My name address what hours i work, other people living in the house, meals provided etc.
Thanks in advance :)

venus89
26-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Do we have to do one of these? I don't have a portfolio, beyond a folder containg certificates. Is it compulsory to have these sections?

sarah707
26-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Do we have to do one of these? I don't have a portfolio, beyond a folder containg certificates. Is it compulsory to have these sections?

Not compulsory no!

We all do it in different ways.

For me, it's the easiest way of talking parents / Ofsted through how I work.

Minnie mouse
26-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi im not sure its compulsory but its nice to have to show parents on their first visit, so they can see your certificates, the work you do with the children, activities etc and a little about yourself. Its also good to have for your inspections. :)

sarah707
26-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Is there anywhere i can get some information on working with parents and working with other settings to putin my portfolio please? Also what outcome shall i put my personal information under please i.e My name address what hours i work, other people living in the house, meals provided etc.
Thanks in advance :)

Personal info can go in the last section, which can be thought of as 'organisation'...

working with parents - I found useful info on parents websites; stuff about how I regulary exchange information; notes about common childhood problems which parents might find useful... that sort of thing :D

venus89
26-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Phew!
Thank you both - I have enough to do!
I have a folder with certificates etc and when I hand out my poicies there are a couple of pages about my services (which I really ought to update as been nearly a year since I wrote it!). So I guess I have a slightly less organised version.

Minnie mouse
26-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks sarah i thought it would go in the last section but weren't sure. I shall have alook on some websites thanks :)