PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks

Buzz Lightyear
23-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

So I completed my First Aid Child Paediatrics yesterday :so happy: and got my fancy certificate and now start my DHC 1 in the next couple of weeks.

I got chatting to another minder and she said she'd already sent off for her CRB checks as she said they can take up to three months to come back :eek: I've had a look on the CRB website but cant fathom out how to get started?

I know I should probably wait for my EYFS team to get in touch but just want to get the ball rolling if it takes a long time to come back??

Can anyone help me??

LOOPYLISA
23-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi well done on your first aid:clapping:

My crbs were one of the first things i sent off think they came back within 3 months but have heard they can take longer:rolleyes: so i would send them off asap x

Buzz Lightyear
23-11-2008, 12:56 PM
But how do I go about sending them off?

singlewiththree
23-11-2008, 02:24 PM
We werent allowed to send ours off the ofsted pre-inspector had to collect them. I got the ofsted application form off my local CIS and then filled that in and sent it off then ofsted try and get to you asap to give you a pre inspection and they take the forms off you.

gemhei
23-11-2008, 06:13 PM
When you go do your DHC they will give you the forms to fill in, thats what happened when i trained with bradford early years. You then need to wait until your pre-reg visit so the inspector can check them all and your id documents, they then send off the CRB form for you as they will need to sign the form for you. Ensure you have all your documents available for the inspector as it can hold up the process. Hope this helps.

Peppa
24-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Here in snowy north yorkshire, we send them off with the ofsted forms. So all started at once.

Buzz Lightyear
24-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Yep that seems to be the norm donnamcburnie and gemhei. I called EY this morning to ask.

Yikes, do you have snow donnamcburnie? I'm on the border of West / North but there's no snow here. Looks bitterly cold outside though ;)

LOOPYLISA
24-11-2008, 11:54 AM
You don.t your pre reg inspector will check them with you and she will take them with her x :thumbsup: