PDA

View Full Version : still confused about childcare register and eyfs

Bex1
23-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Hello

I can reading through the childcare register and can only find a difference in regard to the complaints procedure so I have adapted mine now to say outcome of invesation will be reported back to parents within 20 days (childcare register and 28 days under eyfs)...I cannot see anything else different or am I missing something...I have read it so many times I think I am probably missing something now!

Please help a frantic, panic stricken girlie!!

Thans

sarah707
23-11-2008, 10:20 AM
EYFS vs Childcare register – the main differences

The EYFS states – ‘The record of complaints should be kept for at least three years’.

The Childcare Register states – ‘childminders must keep a written record for a period of 2 years’.

The EYFS states – ‘Registered providers must investigate all written complaints relating to the requirements and notify complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 28 days of having received the complaint’.

The Childcare Register states –‘Within 20 days of the date the complaint was made’.

The EYFS states – ‘Childminders are not required to have written policies and procedures. See paragraphs 3.8 and 3.9.’

The Childcare Register states –‘childminders must have a written statement of procedures to be followed in relation to complaints’ and ‘Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children’.

The EYFS states – ‘Records relating to individual children should be retained for a reasonable period of time (for example three years) after the children have left the provision.’

The Childcare Register states –‘Childminders must keep records and retain them for a period of 2 years’

The EYFS states that childminders do not to have specific qualifications, except for having completed an introductory course and First Aid.

The Childcare Register states that Childminders must have a level 2 course by 2011.

Hth :D

Bex1
23-11-2008, 10:27 AM
See I told you I have read it too many times, nothing has gone in!

Sarah, your brilliant, thank you so much :thumbsup: