PDA

View Full Version : Operational plan???

Jules27
22-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Ok probably being a bit thick but how do you go about compiling this? I have a portfolio with all my policies, certificates blah blah blah in. Do you seperate them under the relevant headings or maybe note on them which area they are covering?? Oh heck.. and I haven't even got inspection date yet!!!!! Just trying to get everything in order so i'm ready!!!!!!:panic:

sarah707
22-11-2008, 09:19 PM
This is nice as a starting point...

http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/cyps/early_years_and_childcare/zero14plus/docbank/creating_your_plan.htm

Just put together a document showing how you work... mine follows the Every Child Matters agenda.

it's also known as a portfolio of evidence and can be shared with parents and Ofsted.

I'm busy pruning mine at the moment - it got a bit silly :rolleyes:

Have fun! :D

Tatia
23-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Jules, I have a separate portfolio for my training certificates. They are not in my operational binder. I am, however, considering a typed list for each of the ECM outcomes that just has titles of trainings that are relevent to each outcome in the operational binder. Then if anyone wants to see the actual certificates, they can have a gander at the training portfolio.

As for policies and procedures, I have a parent book available for them to look at anytime they want (though it doesn't leave the premises) and yes, I have a copy of every policy and procedure divided into 5 ECM outcomes in the operational file, as well.

The operational binder (in my grand scheme) will contain every single document or scrap of evidence needed to prove to OFSTED how I am meeting ECM.

So far, I have Be Healthy; Stay Safe; Enjoy and Achieve; Make a Positive Contribution; Achieve Economic Well-being (Building Skills for the Future); Self-Reflection (as I feel it is important enough for its own section); Organization (for the bits and bobs that won't fit anywhere else :rolleyes:); and OFSTED (for info coming from OFSTED). I am also considering whether to add a section called Parents as Partners to include newsletters, letters home, that sort of thing.

Have I made sense or just made you more confused?

Jules27
23-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Thats made things a lot lot clearer thanks. Just seems like sooo much to do. I guess its an on going thing though, right? Just a bit daunting, I have so much paperwork already and i only have a couple of part timers!! Full timer starts in Jan so that will be when it really starts falling into place!!:)

Tatia
24-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Jules, the operational plan is not meant to cause you more work. It's meant to actually lessen your workload once it has been completed. Not that it will EVER be completed, hehe. There will always be something new to add.:rolleyes: