PDA

View Full Version : Help

lissy
22-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I have been desperately worried about not earning enough as my mindees have dropped their hours and today have had an enquiry to start in April 24 hours a week for 2 boys. :)

My problem is that i can fit them in now, but one of my current mindees mums is wanting me to have her new baby starting in september and then i wouldnt have spaces for them all.

What can i do i desperately need this money!:rolleyes:

Alibali
22-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I have 2 mindees parents who have babies and I have been unable to keep spaces for them. We do this to earn money and can't afford to be keeping spaces for long periods of time with no pay. Even if they pay a retainer you would still lose out on alot of money.

I'd say first come first served.

lissy
22-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Thats what im thinking but it seems harsh ive had their little boy for 3 1/2 years since he was 5 months old and they want me to carry on doing school drop off for him in sept and to have the baby too. I havent taken a retainer or anything as babys not due until jan so its just been spoken about at the moment. I have explained to her that i need to be making money or i cannot carry on but how would i explain that i cannot book her unborn child in and turn down the money from these new ones. Urgh i hate situations like this!

I wonder if its worth just taking these on and nearer the time applying for a variation for the baby??

balloon
22-11-2008, 04:03 PM
April is so far away...

I think I would probably charge a retainer tbh adn apply to Ofsted for a variation for the extra child if that's possible.

I learned the hard way about booking places well in advance and losing money, parents are often great but some do not honour verbal agreements and you are left out of pocket then.

Perhaps somebody else will come up with something better...