PDA

View Full Version : How to interview a potential client

babushka
22-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Has anyone got a particular way of interviewing their potential clients, for eg, do you have a list of things to be disgust, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance:)

ajs
22-11-2008, 01:05 PM
haven';t got time to go through the list now but just do not ask what's your childs' favourite tv programme
one of my mum's chose me as the other minder she saw asked this as the first question

good luck though

sarah707
22-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes I have a list - show round, introduce the family, talk about complaints, policies & procedures, play, medication, healthy eating... etc

Just think about all the things you would want to be told if you went to see someone.

Hth

balloon
22-11-2008, 04:08 PM
i also show mum around, play with the child if they are willing, chat to mum/dad about my policies etc and let them have the P&P book to look through. Ask them if they have any questions. I have a file for the child's personal preferences/individual needs and fill that in once they have said they want a place. I make a point of telling them we do not watch a lot of TV too!

I was nervous with my first parent but then I guess they are a bit nervous too and it helps out me at ease.

Smile lots nad be honest...

Hope that helps!