PDA

View Full Version : phil and teds woe

balloon
21-11-2008, 09:12 PM
6 weeks ago I bought a Phil & Teds Sport and doubles kit. About 2 weeks ago the clips which keeps the pushchair seat upright started to give way, a few days ago they stopped functioning altogether causing the seat to flop back, the frame clips also misaligned more times than I was comfortable with and my lovely puschair went back to mothercare...

Mothercare were brilliant, they said that as I was a childminder the pushchair would not have had as much use as if i was the children's mum so sent off for a brand new one which came this morning - and fell apart as I was putting it together! I wasn't amused! :angry:

Mothercare have been brilliant and are refunding me for everything. I really cannot fault them, both the shop assistant and the customer service have been fantastic but now I have a pushchair in a box stuck in my hall and I'm very disappointed

Anyway, I am thnking about putting a bit more money down and buying the Vibe. Has anybody had any experience of it or can anybody recommend anything else that isn't side-by-side. Maybe I should give the P&T range a wide berth, lol!

childmind04
22-11-2008, 08:54 AM
poor you, mine has been going strong for a year now touch wood with no probs apart from me getting punctures :panic:

I love the look of the vibe but in toddler mode it looked a bit short of space?

I would take a couple of kids and go and try it out in the shop :)

Not a fan of side by side as they always hurt my back but im a wimp :blush:

balloon
22-11-2008, 10:47 AM
poor you, mine has been going strong for a year now touch wood with no probs apart from me getting punctures :panic:

I love the look of the vibe but in toddler mode it looked a bit short of space?

I would take a couple of kids and go and try it out in the shop :)

Not a fan of side by side as they always hurt my back but im a wimp :blush:

Thanks for your advice. If I can find anywhere locally that keep it in stock I shall do as you suggest (surprisingly Mothercare do not!). I loved the sport on the whole and was gutted when the new one fell apart (quite literally!). I've read a few reviews and it seems people either love it or hate it (the vibe) and it does seem like an awful lot of cash to spend out for minding so I am not sure what to do for the best.

I have a M&P Beat side by side but cannot get it out of or into the house without slightly collapsing it which is obviously not a good thing to do but at least I can use it whilst I decide...