PDA

View Full Version : i'm giving up where do i stand?

kelly76x
22-01-2008, 12:11 PM
unfortunatly i am having to consider going back to work, i had an interview yesterday at surestart should hear today, and have another couple lined up but i would like to know where i stand as i dont want to give up my registration completely. this desicion hasent been taken lightly and yes i have only been registered since November 1st but as i dident realise how long the process took i gave up work last june. so all the savings are gone and now i am fed up arguing with my husband over finances ( he has been very supportive but its got too much now) last night i couldent afford a bottle of milk so i'm afraid my dream has had to go on hold i have onl had 3 enquires couldent do 2 and the third was wierd. the job i have applied for is for maternity leave so what i would like to do is work to sort my finances out and then try again when the job ends do i have to inform ofsted and stop my registration as the thing is i told hubby if i get a good offer of a fulltimer i would hand in my notice and childmind. can anyone advise me of this please. thank you

Minnie Minx
22-01-2008, 12:18 PM
don't give up on registering, continue with that as you will have to go through the whole process again if you stop.

Good luck with the job, i hope you get it and don't worry you can always come back to minding when you're financially secure

xx

littlesprogs
22-01-2008, 12:21 PM
hi,

sorry to hear you are having problems. I dont have any advice but didnt want to read and run. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out. I wouldnt have thought you would need to inform ofsted when they ring for inspection just say your not minding yet.

good luck x

Pauline
22-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree, don't give up your registration - for one you might havde to pay back any grants if you give up in the first year and you don't want that.

Plus as far as I know you can put off an inspection because you have no children for up to three years, after that you are removed from the register and have to start from scratch again.

So hopefully within three years you will know what you want to do, the only thing is you will have to pay your annual registration fee each year which, if the plans go ahead will be £100 in a few years.

Good luck with whatever you decide and do stay around the forum, we would still love to hear from you and how you are getting on. :)

Mollymop
22-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear you are having lots of problems at the moment filling spaces, etc. I think it is a good idea to go back to work as then, like oyu said, you will be able to get bak on track, etc, but you can still be registered a the same time. Maybe things will pick up within the next few months and then you could childmind, etc.
Good luck XX

Blaze
22-01-2008, 01:15 PM
You don't so anything & if OFSTED call to inspect you say you have no children on roll...carry on advertising while you work & if /when you get enquireys...go from there. Don't for get you will have self employed income (probably a minus) from minus & an employed income (your job) & the 2 need to be declared...but will probably ofset each other!
Tasha:)

miffy
22-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear you've had to make the decision to go back to work and hope it works out for you

Agree with all Tasha says - don't give up your registration wait and see

Good luck with the job

Miffy xx

deb24
22-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I feel for you,Im pretty much in the same boat I gave up my full time job last year,but kinda guessed the process would be long winded so decided to temp instead to have money coming in.If things couldn't of got any worse my hubbys fractured his foot two wks ago so he's now off work only gets SSP pay which will not really pay bills,so we are having to dip into money I didn't want to touch.Great start to the New Year ay?

Still keep smiling we will get through it!!

ajs
22-01-2008, 04:21 PM
sorry to hear your bad news deb but things will pick up

i registered then didn't mind for a year so i don't think it's a problem and as others have said just tell ofsted that you've no kids on your books yet as long as you keep paying your registration fee i don't think there will be any problems

sarah707
22-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear your news.. what a dreadful situation...

Good luck with the job - have you heard yet? :D

katickles
22-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Fingers crossed that you get some enquiries!

Like everybody says, you don't need to give up registration. If you go back to work at least you'll get an income in the meantime.

Don't let it get on top of you, something will turn up

x

Fee
22-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Don`t give up.

When I registered, I kept my job at the weekend at the pub, I still have it as I don't have enough children, I registered in Oct 06 and didn't get my first child until Feb 07, then had to wait another 4 months for another child.
So keep registered an get the other job until you need it.

Fee

LittleMissSparkles
22-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to say dont give up on your dream, it will happen it may just take so time. I hope you get the job in the mean time and that the phone starts ringing soon xxxx

Banana
22-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree with the others.

All you need to say to ofsted is you have no children on roll and in the meantime keep advertising and go for this other job to help out your finanaces!

Good luck to you!

x

charleyfarley
22-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear you are giving childminding up

Do as the others have said and keep the registration going, you never know when you may get a call.

Good luck with the interviews, fingers crossed

Carol xx

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear you have to go back to work

Keep your registration going though you never know what might come along

Good luck with the job

Angel xx

kelly76x
22-01-2008, 09:30 PM
well i dident get it and i am very upset as i needed it more finacially than actually wanting it but i will keep looking but am glad i wont have to give up as a registered childminder completely as that is my dream fingers crossed either a position or a mindee comes up lol

fionamal
22-01-2008, 09:58 PM
SOrry to hear that but keep your chin up as something even better will come along and in the meantime keep advertising your spaces.

Im advertising like mad at moment as well as Im only taking in £26 per week and have also been applying for jobs. So your not alone.

JJ1
22-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your interview. My hubby's been looking for a new job for two years, it can be a real strain but hang in there.

Don't deregister! It only costs £14 to be registered for a year at the mo. I know it's a lengthy process and then you have to find clients. I'm sure you'll get some clients soon. I'm taking maternity leave now, I will remain registered but one of my families wants to come back to me after, so I'm luck there.

Good luck,
Jo.

gailee
23-01-2008, 08:09 AM
i'm in the same boat but i have kids after school and during school hols at the moment i do! well my day mindee i have finishes in feb so no mindee during the day! so i've got my name down for the new care home thats opening next to school to work nights 2/3 nights a week just to keep the money coming in so keep your hand in childminding and maybe just round the corner you could get the phone call they say keep postive gail

wellybelly
23-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Dont give up, its so hard, I know, but get prepared for when you might start up again.

cuddlybunny38
23-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi, I am just going through the registration process at the moment to re-register as a minder. I was a minder for 14 years and 3 years ago I gave up to go out to work but due to stress at work from a work collegue I am going to go back to minding. I wish now I hadent de-registered as I have now got to redo everything plus more. DONT give up your registration as if you do get a job but then get a call to mind you will have to start again which may take months so just do as the others have said in the previous posts. Good luck know what its like being skint. Sharon:panic:

Banana
23-01-2008, 05:05 PM
sorry you didnt get the position you went for :(

however i am sure something will turn up... it usually does when you least expect it! :)

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry you didn't get the job honey. Big hugs to you. Chin up. I bet you'll be filling your spaces soon. XX

Spangles
23-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about all of this, I hope that you get a full-time mindee very soon so that you can do your dream job instead of something you don't really want to do for the money.

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else in the same boat.

kelly76x
25-01-2008, 06:54 PM
thank you all for your kind words am still looking nothing going at the moment but ........ i did get a call today to mind a 5 year old nothing exciting its just for the half term holiday but 1) its a mindee and 2) its a weeks money. she dosent live local and her son goes to a different school so i have no hopes of it turning into a more permanent thing but i'm just so glad somethings happening as i have been so down thank you all again

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 10:22 AM
A weeks work is better than nothing - you never know if she needs you in the future or if she tells someone else

Good luck

Angel xx