PDA

View Full Version : Help with variation request please!!

Jules27
21-11-2008, 06:28 PM
OK, where do I start??? Some of you may remember my 1st mindee back in august was temp for a month until their nanny came back? wel, i've had an email and nanny is on holiday for between 2 and 5 weeks in Jan and mum would like me to have LO again! FANTASTIC!!!! However, signed contracts yesterday for a full timer which is FAB, but I also have another LO two mornings a week plus my own son who is 2, so that makes... 4 under 5's so need a variation for those two mornings (3 hrs each day so 6 hrs a week in total)

Any thoughts on what I need to put in my letter? I have double buggy plus wrist straps and reigns, I have enough car seats and space in my car, I have a high chair and booster seat - my own son and LO here 2 mornings sit on normal chairs... What do I need to write? I have enough toys!!!!!!! also is it best to email or send written letter? I am guessing this request is going to trigger my inspection which I am expecting the call soon anyway so would be good to get it out of the way.. lol!!!!

Any ideas/ input from your own experience would be great. Am going to start a draft this evening as want to get it done ASAP!:) :)

Jules27
22-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Helo??? anyone there??? really really stuck on this one!!!!!!:(

sarah707
22-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I've never applied for one so I was sort of hoping someone else would come along and help you... but here goes... to the best of my knowledge...

You need to stress that it's for continuity of care;

Show how your physical environment supports all the children's needs eg toys, equipment etc like you've listed;

Show how you can emotionally support all the children especially when they are so young.

Write not email as they need a signature;

Include a routine list with times so they can see exactly who would be with you, when and what ages;

Yes I think it might trigger an inspection.

I hope this helps but I'm not the expert. Just what I've picked up from other posts around the forum :D

hannahsstar
22-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi, I 've recently got a variation approved and I e-mailed them a signed letter detailing exactly which children I had and when, why I needed the variation and what I was able to offer the children. Really exactly what you put in your post. It's quite straight forward but be prepared for Ofsted to turn up on your door without ANY warning!!!! They did with me.

Hope it goes ok and that this has helped a little bit

Janet

balloon
22-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I emailed them but had written the letter out in Word and signed it, scanned it and sent the scan along with the email as they told me they had to have my signature.

I told them about continuity of care, the buggies highchairs etc I had, how I would cope if both babies needed me at once etc etc.

It hasn't triggered my inspection but there's still time, lol!

Good luck.

mandy moo
22-11-2008, 04:39 PM
There you go inconsistances with Ofsted yet again, when I applied for mine I was told by them it had to be in writing not email:(
and It triggered my inspection which has been and gone:) but still waiting to hear if I got it or not as they werewaiting a letter from the parents.
Will ring them monday:(

Jules27
22-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys, am going to call moday morning see what they have to say and then follow with a letter! fingers crossed!!!:) Would be a lovely chunk of money in the new year!!!!!!

miffy
22-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Ofsted accepted a faxed letter from me but wouldn't accept an e-mail.

If you post it then send it recorded delivery because you have proof that they have received it then - I did this and they said they had no record of having received it but when I pointed out it was sent rd they were very helpful and got it all sorted out quickly

Good luck

Miffy xx

Jules27
22-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Show how you can emotionally support all the children especially when they are so young.

My mind has gone blank... what type of thing do I need to write for how I would support them all emotionally? my letter is already 3 sides of A4, ok in rough handwriting but will prob end up as 2 sides printed.. minimum!!!!:panic:

chantelbutterwo
22-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Make sure you mention CONTINUITY OF CARE!!!! If you have cared for one of the children again it's important to reinforce the fact they are comfortable with you, know your routine etc.