PDA

View Full Version : how many times

kellym3
22-01-2008, 11:15 AM
hi just wondering i had my first inspection in jan 07 then thay rang 6 months later for another inspection but had no mindees so did not do one so will ring in another 6 months thats about now but still have no mindees so what will happen will it be put off again or will thay get fed up waiting, im trying hard to get something going .:panic:

littlestar
22-01-2008, 11:17 AM
hi kelly im not sure about the inspection bit just wanted to say please try not to panic you will be ok keep you chin up it will get better.:)

sarah707
22-01-2008, 11:19 AM
A friend regisered and didn't have anyone when they rang.

They sent a letter confirming she wasn't working and saying if she wasn't minding within (I think it was 6 months) then they'd cancel her registration...

Have you got family who can loan you a child who won't call you 'aunty' by mistake? Just so you can get it over before EYFS comes in?? :D

I'd give O a call and check if I were you... 08456 404040... you never know, you might get someone who knows :laughing:

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 11:19 AM
I read somewhere that they will do the inspection but you can onl ymet satisfactory as they don't see you working with the children (or did I dream that up:rolleyes: )

Minnie Minx
22-01-2008, 12:33 PM
no you didn't dream it up emma as i was told that too :D

xx

son77
22-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I read that if you didn't have children you get satisfactory too, but thats better than them cancelling your registration.

Banana
22-01-2008, 06:44 PM
If in 6 months you still havnt got a mindee go ahead with the inspection anyway. Satisfactory is still good as you are meeting all the requirements for any potential mindees. Yes its good if you can acheieve a good or outstanding but I would jump at the chance to get a satisfactory if they were thinking of cancelling my reg, Then on your next inspection you can go for a good!

xx

sarah707
22-01-2008, 07:10 PM
If in 6 months you still havnt got a mindee go ahead with the inspection anyway. Satisfactory is still good as you are meeting all the requirements for any potential mindees. Yes its good if you can acheieve a good or outstanding but I would jump at the chance to get a satisfactory if they were thinking of cancelling my reg, Then on your next inspection you can go for a good! xx

Very good advice x :D

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree with that also

Angel xx

miffy
22-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Me too, get your inspection over before EYFS comes in

Miffy xx

kellym3
23-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your answers if thay ring i will go for it anyway like you said satisfactory is better than no reg:)

katickles
23-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah I would definatly go with that advice:p

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I hope things go well for you kelly. XX

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 05:27 PM
no you didn't dream it up emma as i was told that too :D

xx

;) thanks sometimes I think now where did I hear that :laughing: :o

Pipsqueak
27-01-2008, 10:07 PM
;) thanks sometimes I think now where did I hear that :laughing: :o

No I have been told that too (by my Inspector) and also if they (OFsted) try to contact you/come out (and you are not in etc) to you three times all they can do is mark you as a satisfactory. So I assume this is correct.

kellym3
28-04-2008, 02:33 PM
:) just to say ladys that ofsted rang and i told her i still have no mindees so she sent me a letter saying that she will ring in 6 months time but must tell her when i do get mindees she also said that ofsted can and will cancell my reg if had no mindees for 3 yrs. so have 20 months to find them:eek: but if i cant get any by the time my NCMA reg is up and my liable ins in march then i will call it quits and very out of pocket sadly.

ruby
28-04-2008, 04:19 PM
sorry to hear that Kelly will keep my fingers crossed that the phone starts ringing

cathy

mumtodaniel
29-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi, do not know if you have school/nursery age kids. I have only starting minding since Feb and have got all my mine from my son's school, some from nursery and some after and before school.

You can approach schools and go on their school list, or just visit and give some cards out. Have you also tried netmums.

Good luck

kellym3
01-05-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks yes done everything i can think of netmums,schools,cis,flyers through all doors in 2 villages,4 local village mags,po,all toddler groups,toy libary, health visiter,midwifes,and the big 1 is a mag that gos to 35 villages 8000 homes:eek: and stil nothing even rung local network coordinater and she said i done every thing i can.forgot to say i have a 3half yo and 8month old so limited numbers .