PDA

View Full Version : Not happy

kellsni
21-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I was supposed to be looking after 2 children from the same family aged 2 and 3 for 3 weeks from 8-6 Monday till Friday as she got agency job.

We signed all the contracts a few weeks ago and said I need £50 deposit, never arrived so phoned her on Monday and she said she was still bringing the children, Sat and waited for her 8.25 came and nothing, so I phoned her as I needed to do the school run, no answer so left a message. She text a few mins later saying that the children were not coming as she never got the job, text back when did you find out, she replied yesterday evening so I asked her why she did not ring to let me know and she said that a lot of stuff has happened.

I am just so cross as she did not phone to let me know, and I wasted 2 contracts on her, next time I will wait till I have the deposit before signing contract.

This was to be my first lot of children, will learn from this. :(

devoncm
21-11-2008, 02:55 PM
sorry to hear that hun, hope something is waiting just round the corner i bet.

sue m
21-11-2008, 02:57 PM
How rude! They just don't think and they certainly don't think of our contracts etc. Just goes to prove, they have no idea what our job is about.

Mags
21-11-2008, 02:59 PM
How inconsiderate :( It would not have taken two minutes to ring and let you know.
Unfortunately these things happen. Best not to let it get you down, hopefully something possotive will come by before you know it.
Keep your chin up :)

sarah707
21-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Not a nice way to be treated :(

Chatterbox Childcare
21-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Welcome to our world. Parents hardly ever call if they haven't started and even when they do they always forget and you don't find out until they don't arrive.

Chalk it up to experience - she may come back when she gets another job

marian
21-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. You're not the first that something like that has happened to. Keep positive!
Marian x