PDA

View Full Version : New format planning - your opinion please

acorns
20-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Up till now i've been doing a daily plan each week, listing the activities for that day as well as a weekly menu plan that changes each week. Now i'm taking on a new baby and just wont have the time to do this. So I've decided on a 3 weekly menu plan (which is working so far) and for activity planning I'm doing a monthly newsletter to parents and also a spiders web type plan with the monthly theme in the middle and the activities listed under their eyfs areas this will cover all children. I then write up 1 activity a week in their personal planning book which says how I have differentiated for that child and what their next steps are. (Have I lost you all yet??) Parents have made no comment, either they havent read my e mails or prefer me to spend my entire evenings planning for their child:(

miss mopple
21-11-2008, 07:04 AM
I think that sounds great :thumbsup:

sarah707
21-11-2008, 07:57 AM
sounds perfect!

I never expect parents to make any comments... then if they do it's an added bonus! :D

angeldelight
21-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Thats great well done

Angel xx

miffy
21-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Sounds good to me

Well done

Don't worry about parents not commenting - mine rarely do :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

nell57
21-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I also asked for feedback/comments on a news letter I had done, no surprise that I didn't get a single one, left me wondering if they actually read it:rolleyes:

Well done on your plans:thumbsup:

Helen

marion123
21-11-2008, 10:02 AM
sounds good to me to :clapping:

acorns
21-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I also asked for feedback/comments on a news letter I had done, no surprise that I didn't get a single one, left me wondering if they actually read it:rolleyes:

Well done on your plans:thumbsup:

Helen

That was one of my reasons for cutting down on what I send to the parents as I suspect they don't read it anyway

Thanks, it's reassuring to know you more experienced ones think my plans are ok

barbarella68
21-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Now I am a bit worried because my planning doesn't seem as much as everyone elses.
I do obs every week or when something special happens ,which is on a obs sheet specially made.
Then every month I do a spider chart on a theme,though it is a bit difficult as I have a 14 month old and a just turned 5 and then a long term plan where I pick the themes for the month for the spider chart.Now I am thinking I am not doing enough.I don't do medium planning as I think the themes are enough.Do you think this will be ok?:panic: