PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr!!!

Schnakes
22-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Morning all...sorry to start with a rant! :)

Little one has really bad eczema....and has been sent to me the second day in a row with no cream in her bag, despite me specifically asking, and writing into their contract that they have to bring it. Poor little thing!!!

What am I allowed to put on her skin to sooth it? I'll go and buy some E45 or whatever if thats allowed?

Sx

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Personally I would call the parent and tell them that the child is distressed with it so they need to bring something out to you

Why should you go out and buy something - sorry I think that is really unfair

Even more unfair to bring the child like that

Sorry not much help but things like that do really annoy me

Angel xx

ajs
22-01-2008, 09:53 AM
what ever you do do not put e45 without prior knowledge that she isn't allergic

ajs
22-01-2008, 09:56 AM
sorry i wanted to get that posted quickly
my youngest had really bad excema on her face and she was prescribed e45 her excema never seemd to clear and then i realised that my hands were covered in rash too so i stopped using everything and both my hands and charlotte's face completely cleared up.
it was the e45 making us both really bad so i would never use it unless i was 100% sure that the baby wasn't allergic to it

LittleMissSparkles
22-01-2008, 10:00 AM
I would phone the parent and get her to bring her cream now, tell her you did tell her you needed it and donttake no for an answer, if she says she cant say I cant provide adequate childcare for your child then could you please collect her !!!! bet she wont forget it again xxx

Blaze
22-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I agree with Susan...it's what I would do!
Tasha:)

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 10:06 AM
isent that what I said ? haha

is everyone trying to make me look invisible - is this your doing mandy haha

xx

LittleMissSparkles
22-01-2008, 10:10 AM
isent that what I said ? haha

is everyone trying to make me look invisible - is this your doing mandy haha

xx

sorry just put what i thought too xxx

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 10:11 AM
sorry susan just teasing mandy and only kidding

she will know what i mean

xxx

Schnakes
22-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Both parents work quite far away (as in 1.5 hours travel there, 1.5 back) so I would feel petty asking them to do a three hour round journey for a pot of cream. Am really annoyed about it though - for her sake!!!

You are right about allergies...she actually uses aqueous (sp?) cream not E45...good point! :)

Interesting you should say about your hands rashing up...I have eczema on my hands and I used to rub in E45 and it used to crack...thought nothing of it, just assumed it was my skin that was the problem. Thinking about it now though, I use Johnsons cream on my skin and it hasnt cracked for months. (Touch wood!). Oooh - this forum :D :jump for joy:

Sx

Schnakes
22-01-2008, 10:26 AM
PS - has anyone seen Angel around? I havent seen her for ages...hmmm!!!! :ROFL1:

Sx

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 10:28 AM
so what are you going to do then?

thing is it is there problem not yours if they have to travel to bring the cream

Is the little one distressed ?

Well if you do nothing today then i would make a point in saying later when they collect that in future it can not be left and you will have to call them out of work if they forget the cream

xxx

angeldelight
I am here haha

xx

angeldelight
have they told you to be mean to me ?

haha

xx

Rasharoon
22-01-2008, 10:35 AM
My 5 year old son suffers with eczema. Bless him, he has the hands of an old man. Anyhow, I use Unguentum M cream and a steroid based cream when he has really bad patches - as well as Balneum Plus Bath Oil and Aqueous Cream to wash him.
Anyhow, it has really piddled me off that his parents haven't provided his cream. It breaks my heart watching my son scratching - especially when he was younger and scratched his hands until they bled.
Do you have animals as this triggers the scratching as it is the animal dander (oils, hair) that get attached to your clothes/carpet and become airborne that can start the scratching off.
I'm obviously no help as you can't do much without the parents permission but personally, I couldn't look after a child whose creams haven't been left with you as it would upset me to watch them in so much discomfort. As has been suggested, either the parents provide the cream or they pick him up from you.
Good luck.

Rubybubbles
22-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I agree with everyone about getting the parents to give you some cream today! They have signed to say they will provide it, not your fault they've forgot!

Banana
22-01-2008, 10:57 AM
If yourmindee is distressed and itching then surely the parents will be concerned enough to bring their child something which they need?

x

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree - it is their problem - their child - their responsiblity

Call them !

Angel xx

Mollymop
22-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Did you manage to get something sorted and is the little one ok now?
XXX

chubbymummy
22-01-2008, 01:22 PM
can the parents leave a pot of the cream at your house so that they never forget it?

just a thought

ajs
22-01-2008, 01:25 PM
can the parents leave a pot of the cream at your house so that they never forget it?

just a thought

exactly what i was about to say

manjay
22-01-2008, 01:28 PM

just a thought

Think this is a really good option. If it is just aqueous cream it can be bought over the counter really cheaply so parents have no excuse for not leaving some with you.

My eldest had steroid cream for excema when she was little and the doc always gave me two tubes, one for me and one for my minder

amanda xx

Schnakes
22-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Just a quick update - I didnt phone the parents as, while I realise it is their fault about not bringing the cream, Im not going to make them do that journey for something I can buy over the counter. Perhaps I am a softie!!!

I do have two cats. I dont think that her condition is related to anything in my home. Id rather not go into it because if anyone reading this that knows me will immediately guess who Im talking about and that wont do! However - I will say that Ive got a pretty good idea what is causing her skin to react so badly. I have discussed this with the parents on several occasions, but apparently they know better. :rolleyes:

I have put some cream on her and taken off her clothes which were rubbing the skin. Will have a proper chat with mum on collection. :(

Sx

Blaze
22-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Let us know how it goes!
Tasha:)

Trouble
22-01-2008, 05:55 PM
i agree with chubbymummy, if its perscribed the doctor will give spare pots to childminders, i have some for my cm kids and 2 epipens

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 08:08 PM
How did it go with the parents ?

Angel xx

Schnakes
22-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi - went fine...I explained (again!!) that little one needs cream because its very uncomfortable blah blah blah. She said she would pick up some cream straight away....what Im wondering is: WHY THE HELL HAVENT THEY ALREADY GOT CREAM AT HOME????? AAARRGHHHH!!!!!

Okay....and relax!!
Just riles me is all. Anyway, I said that tommorow we wouldnt do our morning activity if she doesnt bring it (it is an activity that will affect her skin - we do it every week, and its one of my "sells" that I do it, so I know this will make her take notice). She said okay and thank you for bringing it up (!!). I guess we shall see tommorow. Just makes me want to just go...GAH!

Sx

Lou
22-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Glad it all went well with parent.

i would do as others have said and ask for some cream to be kept at your house.

Good luck tomorrow, lets hope she brings cream!!!!

Banana
22-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Hopefully this time they will listen then!
x

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree she should already have the cream

Some parents are hopless

Hope she brings it tomorrow

Angel xx