PDA

View Full Version : viral rash?

loocyloo
20-11-2008, 01:16 PM
hi...hope someone can help!

i look after a little one who has had endless coughs & colds etc ... today child didn't come as has a rash. been to dr and told it is a viral rash ( i diagnosed that without seeing him! LOL! )

mum has txt to ask if/when i can have child back. dr says fine (apart from rash!) rash is after effect of the last cold!. she says child is quiet, but normal chatty self. i always say i can have child is able to cope with normal day.

but i'm not sure what to say/do?

thanks

loocyloo x

Minstrel
20-11-2008, 01:18 PM
the rash in itself isnt a problem as they arent contagious just the cough/cold or whatever caused it.

i would probably say yes.

Kelly
20-11-2008, 01:19 PM
As long as the child is not poorly I would take the child, infact one of mine has a viral rash at the mo as well, he is struggling a bit with the cough and cold, but not too bad.

loocyloo
20-11-2008, 01:26 PM
thank you!!!

thats what i thought, but sometimes i doubt myself!!

i'll just remind mum that tomorrow child has to walk quite alot and so has to be well enough for that!

xxx

Hebs
20-11-2008, 01:32 PM
when i had tonsilitis i had a viral rash that lasted 6 months!!

loocyloo
21-11-2008, 01:37 PM
update!

i told mum i could have child today, as long as well enough to participate in normal day ... she rang and said child was perfectly fine, but she didn't think child was up for a normal day, so kept child at home!

made me feel a bit guilty, but her choice and i still get paid!

x