PDA

View Full Version : Marketing bits and bobs

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:11 PM
It's all just been delivered. It looks sooo professional. I'd be more than happy as a potential client to receive any of my marketing bumph!

:clapping: Love it :clapping:

Minstrel
20-11-2008, 01:14 PM
sounds great!

What did you order and who from? (sorry if thats nosy!)

xx

tomthumb
20-11-2008, 01:16 PM
sounds good, what did you order then and I want to know where as well!!!

Elodie X

patevans
20-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Can we see some pics? :laughing:

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I ordered all kinds of bits and pieces and from Vista Print. I know there have been some good and bad things said about them but when it's all free, you'd be silly not to order from them. The only thing I paid for was postage but they've always got various offers on, i.e. free items or free postage.

I've ordered:

Business Cards
Flyers
Adverts (to go in windows)
Christmas Cards (obviously to use next year when I'm more established)
Return Address Stickers
Note Cards
2009 Calendar
Magnets (which I will give to Mindees)
T-shirtThink that's it, lol... :eek:

All the above I have personalised with my own logo so it looks more professional and I can honestly say I am thrilled with them.

I clicked for slow postage to reduce the cost but it's only taken two weeks or so which is great if you're not in a rush.

Yippeeeee, a very happy Ellie :D (oh... that's me!)

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Hmm, now you're asking me.... urrrm.... how???

Presume I take it with my camera phone and add them somehow?

This forum is slightly different to others I've been registered with.

Anyone want to teach me how to upload? :laughing:

Minstrel
20-11-2008, 01:21 PM
sounds great- thinks me needs to get me some of those :D

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd definitely recommend them Minstrel, in fact, I got an email from them this morning saying they were having another huge sale.

Happy marketing :D

ChocolateChip
20-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Glad you're pleased with them, Ellie, and thanks for the tip! :jump for joy:

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:49 PM
No problemo, as we know, word of mouth is the key when it comes to recommendations! :)

Minstrel
20-11-2008, 01:56 PM
thanks i've just been off having a browse and theres too much to choose from!!!!!!!

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Isn't there!! You end up spoilt for choice. You could do with a whole day set aside really which isn't going to happen when you have a little six month old. Think it took me about a week to get it finalised as I just kept adding things to my cart :laughing: It's good because it saves it for you and you can just keep going back until you're ready to order.

I personally hate these sites where you put things in your basket hoping to save them for later and then go back and find they're all gone and you have to start from scratch :mad:

patevans
20-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I personally hate these sites where you put things in your basket hoping to save them for later and then go back and find they're all gone and you have to start from scratch :mad:

Yes I hate them too, baker ross kept doing it to me last week :angry:

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 02:01 PM
:angry: Arrrgh, nothing more infuriating!!! :angry:

LittleMissSparkles
20-11-2008, 02:34 PM
be careful with vistaprint, at the end when you are asked if you want to join to get discount dont tick the box or they take money from your account every month, there's stuff onthe forum about it somewhere already alot of members had problems with them ref this.

I used them though and they are fab, Im Bumble Bee's and used their little girl dressed as a bumble bee for my advertsing stuff

xxx

mummyroysof3
20-11-2008, 02:45 PM
i ordered just about everything i could get free i was really impressed with it all too

charlotte x

Polly2
20-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds great! I'm off to have a look :D

Raggydolls
20-11-2008, 04:18 PM
the only thing that bugs me about vistaprint is the amount of emails they send me

leanne
xx

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes Raggydolls, they really do send a lot of emails but then again, they do get me looking when they say "free". Free is always good :) Really happy with my items, good quality and all I paid for was the postage.

Just been out to distribute some of my ads to the post office and local shops and schools. Somehow managed to get myself signed up for the PTA at the infant school too... hmm, how did that happen?? :rolleyes:

loocyloo
20-11-2008, 05:12 PM
sounds good.

i used them years ago for my business cards,

and was thinking of getting some more ... it used to cost extra (even for 'free') to put your own logo on ... can it be done for free now?

and where do you find the free offers? are they just listed on the website? (can you tell i haven't looked at website yet?) am watching tv with children and browsing the forum as i do so ... keep getting sidetracked by scooby doo!

xxx

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 05:19 PM
They still charge to upload your own logo but at the minute, the are charging half price for that. Maybe if you wait a day or two, you will get it free? I know that's what happened for me. I added things to my basket and then held off ordering due to cashflow but then when I did, they were offering free upload on your logo so all I actually paid for was the postage.

If you go to the main page, I 'think' there is a tab on the left hand side which says "free items" or something to that effect. If not, I have an email sitting in my inbox which shows all the free items. If you pm me with your email address, I will send it on for you.

Bonus is, I get 25% off my next order too which is great. So thinking I might put another order in for more bits and bobs.

loocyloo
20-11-2008, 08:07 PM
thank you to BusyBuzyBumblebees ... i have now ordered lots of stuff (and added my own logo!)

great!

xxx

LisaH
20-11-2008, 08:13 PM
i have ordered loads of stuff from vista print too! Just hate having to delete all the emails they send on a daily basis!!:laughing:

singlewiththree
20-11-2008, 08:26 PM
The other thing I have found with vistaprint is that you have to keep going to the link in the email to add another FREE thing to your basket and you can only have 10 FREE things. I mean how inconsiderate :o

I LOVE them so far have had business cards, postcards, calendars, christmas cards (did them with charactures of my family), poster calendars, magnet for car, sticker for window, sticky note pads, address labels - which I just had my daughters name and no address and she uses them to label up school stuff! all just for the postage costs. I'm having to come up with different ways I may need it.

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Glad you've all managed to get some use out of my post. I just had to share, especially with being so happy with the items. In fact, they're much better than I imagined them to be.

I might have another look tomorrow and see what else I can get which I've not got already :p

So lets have a preview of your new logo loocyloo :clapping:

miffy
20-11-2008, 09:38 PM
the only thing that bugs me about vistaprint is the amount of emails they send me

leanne
xx

I agree it drove me mad too - now the computer just junks them :D

Miffy xx