PDA

View Full Version : Talking of First Aid...

Buzz Lightyear
19-11-2008, 07:13 PM
At my training last weekend, the tutor mentioned a first aid kit his company sell especially to Childminders, I think he said it was £35 or somewhere in that region. It even said "Minders" on the front but wasn't sure whether it was just a ploy?? Apologies if not!

Do you all have specified Minders ones or just regular first aid??

sue m
19-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds ok. I got mine from St. John's Ambulance. They did the first aid training course I was on and I sent off for a catalogue. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't cheap and it's not a special minders one. I also bought a little one for when I go out with the children.

roseybev
19-11-2008, 08:35 PM
that sounds good i just made mine up myself for my house first aid box and bought a £3 one out of asda for the car they were happy with that:)

Buzz Lightyear
19-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I did a little search on Google for Minder Kits and found a few. Obviously all vary in price but more or less have the same kit. The minder ones are more tailored to the younger ones as the dressings are smaller.

If anyone is interested, this is the site I found which seems to be quite good:

http://www.1staidsuppliers.co.uk/childcare-first-ofsted-approved-p-96.html (http://www.1staidsuppliers.co.uk/childcare-first-ofsted-approved-p-96.html)

Quite reasonable priced too considering what the course tutor was quoting for their box.

SimplyLucy
20-11-2008, 07:18 AM
I made up my own first aid kit, got all the bits from Poundland.

I've even made a mini one up to take out and about.

Mollymop
20-11-2008, 07:35 AM
I bought my first aid box from ebay, it had everything I needed in it and much more and only cost about £15.

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Ahh didn't think of ebay for some reason! Shall go and have a look!

Wow, didn't think Poundland would have everything you need? Maybe I should go and have a look today seen as I'm heading over into town.

Annie_T
20-11-2008, 12:53 PM
i went to co-op pharmacy to get my kit ... pre reg inspector said it was fine :) (lady in pharmacy was a cm years go as well she said it was fine, more than enough in it) tho i getting on for in car/when we out too

i paid £19.99

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks Annie_T. It's looking like it's best to shop around - as with most things these days!

mandy moo
20-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Got my main one from boots,
and a mini one from Asda but like the sound of more child sized bits and bobs, will take a look at that:)
Mandy

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah they do look to be better with them being based on the Childcare profession. Glad I came away from my course and looked into them though as I'd have been upset to have spent £35 on one from my tutor only to find them cheaper :(

venus89
20-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I got mine from first aid warehouse - it came with a free mini car first aid kit:clapping:

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Ooooh cool!!

Where was the warehouse or is that the company name?

venus89
20-11-2008, 02:27 PM
The company name.....

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/

But that was a year ago - my husband ordered a (different) first aid kit from them a couple of weeks ago and didn't get the freebie. But then, his was for the car anyway. So not sure if they still do the mini one......

tulip0803
20-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I got 2 off ebay(one for indoors one for the car) for about £20 inc postage and I got a little one in a hard box out of poundland that I carry in my bag. But I did pinch DH's old box from work, for the indoors one, cos it is much bigger & I could fit more in:D . He has the new smaller box and I have the big one with all the contents I bought

babushka
20-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I got mine from ikea, i think it was six pounds:)

Buzz Lightyear
20-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I really do need to take a trip to Ikea. There are a few things I would like from there, now including a first aid kit, lol! :laughing:

MicheH
21-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Just warning you about first aid kits. I bought one from Mothercare only to find when I opened the box the bandages only had 2 months before they went out of date. I can say something was about to hit zee fan! :angry:

Polly2
22-11-2008, 02:22 PM
I got a free one when I registered - it came with the start up pack from ncma. I knoe they sell them on their web site but they are probably pricey.

I bought a car one from aldi last year can't remember how much but it was really cheap!

balloon
22-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I bought a fabric pack one from Rainbow (cheapie shop) and topped it up with the other things I needed. For travel I bought a Boots travel first aid kit for about a tenner which stays in the baby bag all the time so I don't forget it.