PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Which Poster are we meant to display???

wellybelly
22-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Hello, can anyone help me!

I am displaying the Ofsted Parents poster with the little boy in the firemans outfit on. I did here we meant to be displaying another one too... Is this right, if so does anyone know which one it is?

Minnie Minx
22-01-2008, 07:24 AM
I've done a quick search for you and it seems that you are displaying the correct poster. Try this link to make sure (sarah originally gave link)

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Inte.../np_070109.pdf

xx

miffy
22-01-2008, 07:26 AM
That's the right poster

You should also have on display your registration certificate and your insurance certificate

Miffy xx

angeldelight
22-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Yes that is correct

If you look around the forum you will see this asked a number of times and also many questions and answers that can help you with other things too

Have a look around you will be surprised at what you find

Angel xxx

wellybelly
23-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the replys

sutherland
23-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Hmmmm i've got a different one, it was sent with my certifiate this Monday....its got a little girl with a red waterproof jacket on, a little boy in the background with a yellow hard hat on..................must admit though i sure i got the firemans outfit one though off the ofsted website??? Now I confused, have they sent me the wrong one!!!!?

sarah707
23-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll email them and ask! It's a while since I last bothered them :D

sutherland
23-01-2008, 01:50 PM

Ah bless, arent u good..........!

Michelle

deeb66
23-01-2008, 04:19 PM

I would definately be interested in the answer Sarah....let me know

katickles
23-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah i'd also like to know as I only have the one with the boy in firemans outfit.:panic:
x

button68
23-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Well I got my certificate on the 9th January and that came with the little boy with the firemans outfit on.

HTH (but probably not :D )

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone found out about this yet ?

I emailed Ofsted but no reply

My friend called them about 2 mths ago and they said the new poster comes out in March

Just wanted to check this

Angel xx

miffy
24-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I'd like to know too as Ofsted are due soon

Miffy xx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm waiting for an email back - nothing as yet... maybe they are confused too

After all, I've asked a direct question and they can't refer me to the standards :laughing:

bubbly
24-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I haven't been given or told about any posters I need to display. I don't have any Ofsted posters.

sarah707
24-01-2008, 09:48 AM
This is the one we all think we are supposed to be displaying...

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/EYD/np_070109.pdf

But we are not sure now as sutherland got a different one from them the other day... So we are waiting for an email back from Ofsted to confirm... but they are taking their time!

But yes, you need to display this one until we are told different - put it where parents can see it, as it shows them how to complain about you and complaints, as we all know, must be encouraged at all times. God forbid a parent wants to complain and cannot find Ofsted's number easily to hand...

sorry! :panic: coffee needed :laughing:

:D

bubbly
24-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks Sarah, I didn't know anything about it. I've bookmarked the link and will print it off when the kids have gone :)

sarah707
24-01-2008, 11:02 AM
:D There you go then! Clear as mud!

Dear Ms Neville,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Poster for Parents.

I am unable to advise which Poster is the most updated one from the pictures that are on it as we do not have access to this poster.

I can advise that the number on the Poster should be 08456 40 40 40 and the address on it should be Royal Exchange Buildings, St. Ann's Square, Manchester.

You can however order the latest Poster for Parents free of charge from our Publications department who can be reached on 07002637 833

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

However should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Joanna Wright

Customer Service Advisor

Ofsted - National Business Unit

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 11:23 AM
OMG

I am speechless

Angel xx

sutherland
24-01-2008, 11:37 AM
LOL, think I'll just stick with the one I've been sent then.......if anyone orders one let us know what you get!!!! Prob another one!!!!!

Michelle

miffy
24-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Well that is priceless - I have saved the reply in case ofsted query the poster when they come!

My poster doesn't have an address on only the phone number

Miffy xx

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 12:01 PM
My poster has also just got the telephone number on it

Angel xx

sutherland
24-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Just checked mine again, and I have no address either, just the number..........

sarah707
24-01-2008, 02:06 PM
:eek: Ok... neither does mine... so, another email sent which says...

Attn. Joanna Wright

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am, however, very concerned now for 2 reasons. One because there appear to be 2 posters and we are still not clear if we all need to ring the publications dept to order a new one.

The second reason is because you have told us we should have a poster with the Ofsted address on it and the poster most of us have (the children dressed as firefighters) does not have an address, only a phone number.

Please advise urgently. Thank you.

miffy
24-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Good for you sarah!

Miffy xx

sarah707
25-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh dear! Does anyone have a brick wall handy? :rolleyes:
I suppose, 'Yes I know all this, I am already an outstanding childminder and you have not answered either of my questions' is a step too far for a Friday afternoon? :panic:

Dear Ms Neville

Thank you for your e-mail.

As advised by my colleague Joanna at the bottom of her response email to you, a copy of the new Poster for Parents can be obtained free of charge from our Publications department on: 07002 637 833.

During an Inspection an inspector will require evidence to show that a childminder is adhering to the National Standards. Standard 12 is titled "Working in Partnership with parents and carers". This can be evidenced by showing the Inspector how you would meet supporting criteria 12.1-12.7 of Standard 12. In regards to complaints, you could evidence this as such:

* How comments can be encouraged at an early stage so that any difficulties do not become obstacles to a good relationship;

* What you can learn from complaints i.e. treating them as valuable ways of identifying ways of improving your service;

* Giving parents a copy of the record;

* How to provide parents with the name, address and telephone number of Ofsted.

This last point can be covered by having the current upto date poster, as all of these contact details are contained on this. To obtain a copy of this poster, please contact the number listed by myself and Joanna.

I hope this has been of help to you; should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards, Christian Lofthouse

deeb66
25-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I think perhaps you should ask the baby you look after Sarah.....

you will probably get more sense and a better answer!!!!!!:rolleyes:

sarah707
25-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I think perhaps you should ask the baby you look after Sarah..... you will probably get more sense and a better answer!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Yes Dee... you are probably right :rolleyes:

Spangles
25-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Mine's only got the number on and that's the one I was sent with my registration certificate.

I always give parents the Ofsted complaints info when they start and I mention in their start of contract letter that I've provided them with it so there's no doubt.

What's the point of asking them a question!?

Wiggly
25-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I got a new certificate on Saturday as my numbers have changed. The poster that came with it is of a little girl in red coat and a boy in the background with a yellow hat on. Looks like they are trying to pick up a parachute or something.

Don't know if this helps but it has only got a phone number on it - no address.

Wiggly
x

Spangles
25-01-2008, 04:02 PM
How come you've got a completely different poster?

What's going on?

buildingblocks
25-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I've jsut rung the number you gave Sarah and asked for the new poster with the address on as well as the phone number - will wait to see which one turns up lol

miffy
25-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Can hardly wait to see what picture you get kate

Perhaps we should all ring and then.................they'll probably run out!!!!

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
25-01-2008, 10:19 PM
:eek: :eek: That is absolutely shocking, but no surprise OFSTED actually have no idea about what is supposed to be happening.

Think we should all email them with the same question and keep emailing them for an adequate response - which clearly they have not given Sarah.

Pipsqueak
26-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I took a leaf out of Sarahs book and emailed OFSTED querying which poster we are supposed to have, here is the reply (received this morning Saturday!!!)

Dear Madam

Thank you for your email.

In reference to your enquiry the most recent Parents Poster does have children dressed up as firefighter's as the picture. I have attached a copy of the poster for reference.

I hope you find this information of use. However, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Laura Pritchard
Customer Services Advisor
Tel: 08456 404040

So I presume she is telling me then that the most recent and poster that should be on display is ........................... the firemans poster (as per her attachedment) but still no address on just a web address

Wiggly
26-01-2008, 04:59 PM
OMG - that is really bad when I have in the last week received my new certificate and a completely different poster in it.

Not on - Ofsted need to sort their act out.

Wiggly
x

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 05:20 PM
sorry but reading through this has made me laugh

WHAT A JOKE

saying that the local childcare centre have the older poster and crossed out the old number and red pen in the new one!! Should I report them haha feel like a bi*ch today:D

miffy
26-01-2008, 06:53 PM
The poster on Ofsted's website which you can download is the one of the boys dressed as firefighters

How many other versions are there????

Miffy xx

Raggydolls
29-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi guys, i have just recieved my registration certificate - woohoo - the ofsted poster that came with it was the one where the children are dressed as firefighters :-)

leanne
xx

sutherland
29-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Well I have now emailed them also to find out whats going on. Even if its only for them to say something different, just want something in my file to say the one I was sent 2 weeks ago is ok to use (girl in red coat/boy in yellow hard hat)...............going to be interesting to see the reply. :laughing:

sutherland
30-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Well here is the reply i have received this morning........

Dear Ms Sutherland,

In respect of the Parent Poster available form Ofsted, a copy of which is available form our Publication department and from the Ofsted website, they are both valid Posters, one is supplied to persons registered under the voluntary childcare register and the other one is supplied to persons registered through Ofsted to provide childcare prior to the Voluntary Childcare register. Neither of these posters should have an address for complaints, just the Telephone contact number.

I hope this helps with your enquiry, however should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Julie Glennon
Customer Service Advisor
TEL: 08456 404040

Blaze
30-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for that!
Tasha:)

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Well here is the reply i have received this morning........

Dear Ms Sutherland,

In respect of the Parent Poster available form Ofsted, a copy of which is available form our Publication department and from the Ofsted website, they are both valid Posters, one is supplied to persons registered under the voluntary childcare register and the other one is supplied to persons registered through Ofsted to provide childcare prior to the Voluntary Childcare register. Neither of these posters should have an address for complaints, just the Telephone contact number.

I hope this helps with your enquiry, however should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Julie Glennon
Customer Service Advisor
TEL: 08456 404040

Fab! Well done you!

It looks like you finally got someone who knows what they are talking about! From now on I suggest we direct all our letters to Julie Glennon... or maybe she only knows about posters?? :laughing:

So what the blithering heck was my woman going on about then??:panic:

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Michelle I have just received that letter also it is identical to yours

Mine came through the post about 5min ago unsure why they did not email me

Thank fully you have put it in the forum so you have saved me typing it up haha

At last someone who sounds like she knows what she is talking about

Angel xx

sutherland
30-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Wooo Hooo 2 replies the same :clapping: .......keep hold of those advisors names, they seem to be the only ones who knows what they're on about!!!!!

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I've just popped your reply on a new thread Michelle - so everyone will see it!

Thank you so much for getting to the bottom of this :D

miffy
30-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks Michelle - well done on getting it sorted

Miffy xx